How and Why Were They Created? Education Essay Paper (Essay Sample)
After reading the two files I give, and answer the following question
1.According to McClellan, how and why did public schools expand in the U.S. in the 1800s? What does he mean by the "revolution in moral education," and why were schools thought to be ideal places for such education?
2. According to Newland, how and why did public education expand so greatly in Spanish America during the early 1900s?
3. What do you think about the different purposes that schools were meant to serve in the U.S. and Spanish America?
Each question should be one individual paragraph, no begin paragraph and no end paragraph, only write 3 paragraphs
How and Why Were They Created?
In his article, Newland main points emphasize on education in Spanish America was strongly related and grew because of the economic growth that was being experienced in the region. The economic growth was from the export of primary products and this activity led to an increase in resources, which in turn led to a ripple effect where these extra resources were transferred to education sectors enhancing growth. Another noteworthy factor is the increased urbanization, which led to a reduction of the opportunity cost of attending school hence expansion of the public education. He gives the provincial and national government as the main providers of education. McClellan main points were on how schools were used to instil moral values to children and how
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Education and Schooling Education Essay Research PaperDescription: McMannon uses a historical perspective to highlight that education outside and inside the school, where education serves individual and societal needs by imparting knowledge. Schooling is a lifelong process like education in schools, which are formal institutions, but formal schooling ends when students...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Handbook. Early Childhood Development. Education EssayDescription: An individual future is greatly influenced with the kind of upbringing one gets. Growing up poor or rich may determine you future life, growing up in abusive or loving family will also influence your future life, these and other factors have influence in later days of an individual...10 pages/≈2750 words | 15 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Final Exam. Education Essay. Charter vs. public schoolDescription: Yes, public school districts can assign students to schools to achieve ethnic diversity due to various reasons. One, education diversity boosts the learning outcomes of the students....5 pages/≈1375 words | 9 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |