Homework 1 Assignment Paper About Ethical Standards (Essay Sample)
- First answer the following questions:
- First, what do the terms ethics and morals mean to you? (define them in your own words);
- Then, discuss what you believe has been instrumental in shaping your ethical behavior;
- Now write a topic proposal for your final project. See guidelines below:
Your topic needs to focus on an ethical dilemma for the National Security Professional (one that you have personally encountered or one that you pick from current events or history). What research question comes to mind when you think of an ethical dilemma?
Your topic proposals need to be clear and precise. Use bulleted points to clearly state the topic and address the parameters in at least one or two sentences.
It is important to cite your sources properly when you are writing a research paper and using someone else’s ideas. By citing sources, you will avoid plagiarism and give credit to the originator of an idea. For this course, you will use the APA style guide for your papers.
- Now address the following questions:
- Explain how each of the following contribute to ethical norms; what are their shortcomings?
a) Values and Beliefs
b) Customs and Traditions
c) Faith and Science
d) Theories and Practice (Experience)
- What are the consequences when individuals and societies disagree on ethical standards and behavior?
- How do individuals and societies resolve those ethical disagreements? How do nations resolve ethical disagreements?
Morals can be considered to be the understanding of the difference between is right and what is wrong. Ethics on the other hand can be considered to the guiding philosophy upon which one evaluates or determines aspects of morality (European Foundation for Psychologists and Analysts, 2017). Morality is the background upon which ethics are founded. As such a person that has good morals can be considered to be ethical. In shaping my ethical upbringing, there have a number of three major factors, the first being parental upbringing, religion and teachers as part of the guardians. Parents have been the most instrumental in the process of defining the ethical standards that I live by. At the same time, they introduced me to the religious standards that further build on the ethical standards that guide my behavior and actions when alone and interacting with other people. The teachers on the other hand have reinforced the ethical standards from the two former platforms and especially with reference to interacting with other people who are not part of the family. This are also the three crucial points of authority that have been subtle in my upbringing.
When one is traveling from one state to the next it is always common that one is going to be subjected to number of checks to asc...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
- Stem cell Essays
- Values Essays
- Gun violence Essays
- Divorce Essays
- Romeo and juliet Essays
- Time management Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to ethical dilemma:
- Ethical Concerns in Nursing Research Assignment PaperDescription: How you would respond as an advanced practice nurse. Review evidence-based practice guidelines and ethical considerations applicable to scenarios you selected...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- What Is The Ethical Issue For Mary As The Lead Social WorkerDescription: What is the ethical issue for Mary as the lead social worker for the city’s program? Consider conflicting values and competing loyalties...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | Other | Social Sciences | Case Study |
- Comments on the Questions: the training of the mental health professionalsDescription: This is a new class research there is questions 1-1 and 1-2 which is chapters one and two I need the questions answered in details...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Life Sciences | Essay |