High Stakes Testing Education Essay Research Paper (Essay Sample)
LEARNING ACTIVITY: HIGH STAKES TESTING ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
Write a short paper of 500–600 words. Include title and references pages with your assignment, and follow current APA guidelines. You do not need an abstract.
The paper should include the following:
• Explain the concept of high-stakes testing.
• Then, respond to critics of high-stakes testing who believe that high-stakes testing results in teaching to the test and that this—rather than real learning improvement—is the reason for test score increases.
• Finally, provide at least 3 arguments for and 3 arguments against the use of high-stakes tests to measure learning.
• Incorporate a minimum of 3 scholarly resources to support your claims.
Kubiszyn, T., & Borich, G. D. (2016). Educational testing & measurement: Classroom application and practice (11th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ISBN: 9781119239154.
The concept of high-stakes testing
High-stakes testing is any test conducted to make significant decisions on students, educators, schools, and educational districts. The major purpose of the test is to check the accountability of the individuals towards the achievement of excellent outcomes in education (Marchant, 2004). For instance, governments and school administrators can engage in high-stakes testing in an attempt to ensure that students are enrolled in good schools and also taught by effective, well-trained teachers (Marchant, 2004).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to animal testing:
- Employee handbook (people for animal). Literature & LanguageDescription: Overview of the Company and its objectives: People for Animal (PFA) is an animal welfare organization that was founded by Maneka Gandhi in 1992 and is based in India. ...2 pages/≈550 words | Other | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Does the scope of the incarnation include non-human animals? EssayDescription: When the whole cosmos (according to many doctrines) or human beings (according to a few theologians) needed redemption, Jesus came as a Saviour. God found him an appropriate medium to manifest and freed the whole population from misery (Torrance, 2015). The Gospel shows us that Jesus...8 pages/≈2200 words | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- Selection Process. Health, Medicine, Nursing CourseworkDescription: Interviews play an essential in the recruitment process of any organization. The job interview process can be somewhat challenging and lengthy. Most organizations organize interview processes to ensure that they hire the right employees for various positions. ...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |