1 page/≈275 words
CONFIDENCE INTERVAL (Essay Sample)
Confidence intervals have many real world applications. Earlier, you have seen examples of airplane leg room and the expansion of cable service where a confidence interval could be used to help with decision making. Please give three applications of confidence intervals chosen from the fields of engineering, business, marketing, politics, education, or health professions. source..
Date of Submission
A confidence interval is a type of interval estimate in statistics of a population parameter which is used to indicate the reliability of an estimate. It gives the percentage probability that the estimated range of possible values do in fact include the actual value being estimated (Cox & Hinkley, 1974). A confidence of interval is applied in business in estimating that a machine uses a specific unit of resources for each of the unit product created (Richards, 2013). Since the machine can not be expected to use precisely certain unit of resources per unit production, a confidence rage is created to give a range of possibilities. It can be predicted that 95% chance that the machine uses on average of resources per unit production. This implies that the actual amount of resources used outside the estimated range is 5%.
The reliability of market research is determined by the effect of confidence interval in business. Since marketing is an important function of an organization largely on estimating the level of future sales, a firm has to collec...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
- discussion: dominant and recessive alleleDescription: discussion Education Essay: dominant and recessive allele...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Microeconomic DQSDescription: Microeconomic DQS Education Essay...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |
- Consequences of Low Estrogen Production in the Female BodyDescription: DQS 1 Education Essay: Consequences of Low Estrogen Production in the Female Body...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Education | Essay |