1 page/≈275 words
Compare Current Menu to Sample Menu: Provide a Minimum of Two Resources (Essay Sample)
The main sources of protein in the current menu is animal sources including beef products, milk, turkey as well as chicken products. Even though, there are whole grain foods the protein products may also have high calories. The sample menu also has animal based proteins including eggs, beef, chicken, fish and low fat milk. The sample menu is better as it contains more lean or white meat, while the menu also identifies servings unlike the current menu and this makes it easier to determine whether nutrients and calories set targets are met. The total energy intake attributed to fats should be less than 30% to ensure there is low saturated fat (SFA) intake (Mateo-Gallego et al., 2012).
The current menu has various vegetable servings during lunch time, while there is an option vegetable, oil, protein and grains to choose from. However, the choice is up to the school to decide the most appropriate food alternatives meaning that this may not necessary meet some foods may be preferred more than others without offering a broad range of nutrients. At the same time, the sample menu also has more options for various food categories, where there is low fat milk from Monday to Friday during lunch times and this provides a more balanced diet.
There is a need to manage the calorie intake where foods with fats and animal protein are more likely to have high calorie level. The sample menu has foods and vegetable for different means where carbohydrates and vitamins, and the higher servings of these foods are necessary to improve the nutrient intake. Consuming fruits is important since they are sources of essential nutrients that are normally under consumed (Edelstein & Sharlin, 2009). The consumption of refined foods is kept at a minimum when there are more fruits and vegetables, while the low-fat milk is an important source of calcium, proteins vitamins and minerals.
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to animal right:
- A Visit to a Sunni Rizvi Jamia Masjid Mosque in Jersey CityDescription: Preliminary Research. Before going to the service, it is a good idea to do some preliminary research on the religious tradition...5 pages/≈1375 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Religion & Theology | Research Paper |
- Why Worry About Food and Water? Policy InitiativesDescription: Proposal arguments often tackle policy issues because there is an argument to change or implement a policy to improve a current problem...5 pages/≈1375 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Creative Writing | Research Paper |
- The Art of Storytelling: Animal & Freedom Tales. New World PhilosophiesDescription: Describe the method of its display in public: is it displayed in museums, on the street, on the internet, or used as reading material in college classrooms?...5 pages/≈1375 words | 6 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |