Co-Teaching Interventions Education Essay Research (Essay Sample)
Collaborating with another teacher or a paraprofessional to co-teach helps to meet the unique needs of all students in an integrated setting. Learning how to develop positive relationships, share responsibilities, plan, and implement instructional delivery together can be challenging, but has a multitude of benefits. How teachers make decisions about behavior management, classroom routines, and delivery of instruction can directly affect the learning of the students as well as the overall classroom climate.
Using what you have learned about various co-teaching models, think about how each of those models could be applied to the small group of students you identified for the Topic 5 assignment and how use of each co-teaching technique could benefit the students in the group.
In a 500-750 word narrative, discuss the following:
Summarize three co-teaching models you could use to deliver the lesson.
Explain how the use of each co-teaching model applies elements of effective collaboration to support learning for students with disabilities.
Explain how each co-teaching model would be applied by describing what it would look like when being implemented in the classroom.
Justify how the use of each co-teaching model could benefit the students that make up the small group.
Support your findings with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
Course Name and Number
Assignment Due Date
Summarize Three Co-Teaching Models You Could Use to Deliver the Lesson.
Having a variety of co-teaching models helps instructors arrive at the best approach based on each class's objectives and their students (Dove & Honigsfeld, 2017). Out of the various co-teaching models available, I would choose to use the one-teach-one assist model, the one-teach-one observe model and the parallel teaching approach. I choose these three because they are the easiest to execute and, based on existing research, the most proficient. In the one-teach-one assist model, I would team-up with another teacher, and we would decide between us who would teach and who would be assisting. Then, during the lesson, the one teaching would start the lesson as the other teacher helped the students through the learning process.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Racial profiling Essays
- Soccer Essays
- Video games Essays
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- Synthesis Essay Education Essay Research CourseworkDescription: The PBS LearningMedia compiled a handful of stories from the magazine, NOW, depicting the behavior of different local leaders they eventually termed as heroes. From the various resources, Agitate! Agitate! Agitate!: Robert Moses, Have Justice, Will Travel: Wynona Ward...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Education | Essay |
- IDEA and the IEP Process Education Essay Research PaperDescription: Congress first passed the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) in 1975 as a response to both belief and concern, belief in the benefit of providing education to children with disabilities, and concern that schools were not providing adequate instruction to these children...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Education | Essay |
- Data-Based Instruction and Assessment Education EssayDescription: Educators face pressure from the state, the federal government, and many local accountability policies that require institutions to improve student achievement. The use of student performance data is essential in evaluating student practices and monitoring their academic progress....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Education | Essay |