Information Systems ITM (Essay Sample)
PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT TITLE PAGES AND REFERENCES PAGE ARE NOT CONSIDERED FULL PAGES ESSAYS HAVE TO BE FULLY COMPLETE. ANY DEVIATION FROM THAT WILL RESULT IN AUTOMATIC PAPER REVISION PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ON THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT THANK YOU
For this module, the Project will take the form of encounters with online Internet-based resources of various forms but with the purpose of identifying different types of information systems that are being used in the real world.
Here you can find information about the different types of information systems available out there.
Mills, K. (2011). Information Systems Used in Modern Business. IT Collaborate. Retrieved fromhttp://www.itcollaborate.com/71/information-systems-used-in-modern-business/
After reading the definitions and browsing these web sites PC Magazine, http://www.pcmag.com/ and CIO.com,http://www.cio.com/ for real applications of information systmes, do the following:
Please write a 2-3 page paper, structured as follows (please use these headings):
- Define an information system and types of information systems
- Provide three examples of information systems used in real life (from your experience or from the sites you visited) and tell us what type of information systems they (for example, an information system used by a cashier in a grocery store is a transaction processing system because it registers all the transactions).
- how this is related to the learning objectives of this module?
Your assignment will be graded following these expectations:
- Precision: the questions asked are answered.
- Clarity: Your answers are clear and show your good understanding of the topic.
- Breadth and depth: The scope covered in your paper is directly related to the questions of the assignment and the learning objectives of the module.
- Applicability: once you complete the practical exercise, such as the visit to a web site or program testing, you correctly relate it to the theoretical concepts and the learning objectives of the module.
- Your paper is well written and the references are properly cited and listed (refer to TUI guidelineshttp://www.trident.edu/files/Well-Written-Paper.pdf)
- Your paper must meets the page requirements not counting the cover page or the references pages.source..
An Information System is an integrated set of software, hardware, people, data, and procedures, which are designed to facilitate generation of information for decision-making, and other uses in an organization. Business firms depend on information systems to execute various operations. As a result, anyone managing an information system needs not only be a computer-literate, but also have a general knowledge of the organizational structure and functions as a whole. The commonly known types of information systems include decision support systems, management information systems, and transaction processing systems.
Transaction information system collects and processes data got from everyday transactions in an organization. These transactions can be payment, deposit, order or reservation. Transaction information systems (TPS) are among the first information systems designed to process business data. Initially, TPS used batch processing, which involves collection of data over a period, and then all the transactions were processed at the same time. As computer technology advanced, system experts designed online transaction systems, which process each transaction as it is entered. Some of the routine processing tasks, which use TPS include printing invoices, calculation of paychecks, registration of students or an online air ticket booking system where the travelers fill in data on their preferred travelling time and favorite seats, and the systems processes the data automatically (Davoren, n.d.).
As computers became more reliable for carrying out daily transactions, m...
- Complete A Reflection Paper About The Reading And Yoga PracticeDescription: Reflection Papers: each week students will complete a reflection paper about the reading and yoga practice that week. A reflection paper is an essay of your thoughts about something...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Creative Writing | Essay |
- Fairness and SignificanceDescription: What are the goals or objectives you are focused on at this time in your career and why? (goal of becoming a business manager at a community health center) ...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Creative Writing | Essay |
- DQSDescription: DQS. How you overcame that problem and continued working Creative Writing Essay...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Creative Writing | Essay |