Wk 4 - Advertising Assessment Communications & Media Essay (Essay Sample)
Please find my detailed instructions in the attached word document. Thanks so much for all your continued help with this class!
Wk 4 - Advertising Assessment
Top of Form
Choose a television/visual advertisement that has caught your attention. The ad will need to convey identifiable values in some manner. I have chosen Jack Links Beef Jerky Presents, Messin’ with Sasquatch. Please see a few examples below.
Consider the product being marketed through the ad and the values conveyed through the product.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word analysis that addresses the following:
- Name of the product being advertised- Jack Links Beef Jerky
- The target audience for the product-Anyone with a sense of humor who loves beef jerky
- How placement of the advertisement is intended to reach the audience being targeted
- Frame-by-frame description of the visual and aural action taking place in the ad. What aspects of the ad are meant to catch the audience's attention?
- Values being communicated through the advertisement. What values does the company support? (You will need to research the company's website and publicity documents, such as newspapers to find information about the company's values.)
- How the company's values are reflected in the advertisement. Discuss the use of appeals used in the ad.
- The social context of the ad. How does the cultural context of the advertisement affect the targeted audiences' perceptions about the product?
Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.
Bottom of Form
Week 4 - Advertising Assessment
Ad: Jack Links Beef Jerky Presents, Messin' with Sasquatch.
The business world needs more effort to ensure products reach the right consumers at the right time and advertisement does precisely that. Advertising refers to a customized mass media message that promotes a product, service, job vacancy, or event (De Mooij, 2018). It is often creatively created to attract the attention of the audience. Every company has to create a unique thread, a unique and outstanding ad, then their competitors to sell more. This creativity considers issues like the target audience, the advertised product, and the channel to deliver. This work assesses Jack Links Beef Jerky's advert, the "Messin' with Sasquatch."
The visual advertisement advertises Jack Links Beef Jerky, an American snack company that produces and markets the brand beef jerky. John Jack Link founded the company in 1986 from an interesting idea that came into his mind while hunting with his family (Jack Links, n.d.). It is the genesis of the concept presented in the ad "Messin' with Sasquatch," which comes in different forms but with a single idea. The ad is set up in the forest with a chimpanzee-like creature, the Sasquatch. The human actors in the advert, who eat the beef jerky, bother the Sasquatch who goes wild and revenge. The ad is also full of humor.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Client Strategy and Messaging Communications & Media EssayDescription: Having objectives is crucial for the success of Tayla Andre's brand. It is essential to plan and set specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-bound goals for real estate and credit clean-up verticals. Coming up with social media marketing strategies does not need to be hectic...5 pages/≈1375 words | APA | Communications & Media | Essay |
- Explaination Paragraph Communications & Media EssayDescription: It is the weekend morning; you got this excitement flowing in your body to watch cartoon because the class is over and there is nothing to do. You get yourself comfortable waiting for your favorite cartoon to start. These moments of one's childhood may be the happiest part because...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Communications & Media | Essay |
- Diversity Relation to Interpersonal Communications & Media EssayDescription: Interpersonal communication is how we reach out willingly to exchange messages, feelings, and meaning verbally and non verbally ( Chaykin,2016). Interpersonal communication acts as the foundation of human interaction at the workplace, in colleges, and within the family....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Communications & Media | Essay |