Values Employers Look For Assignment. Communications & Media Essay (Essay Sample)
1. Create a new Word Online document. In that Word document, make a list of 10 qualities you have which you believe employers would find valuable. As you make your list, keep your learning styles(MY LEARNING IS KINESTHETIC) and preferences in mind! Remember your strengths as you highlight your skills.
2. Go to http://www(dot)naceweb(dot)org/career-development/trends-and-predictions/job-outlook-2016-attributes-employers-want-to-see-on-new-college-graduates-resumes/and read the short article.
3. Be sure that you understand the information presented in this article. If there is anything you do not understand, you may use the Internet as a resource to help you, or ask your instructor.
4. Now, go back to the list you created in Step 1. Using the Comments feature in Word Online, insert a comment next to any items on your list which you think align with the list from the NACE article. In that comment provide two things: 1. Identify the quality named in the article that aligns with the one you identified. 2. Explain in 1-2 sentences how the two align, and why you think this quality creates a desirable employee.
Next.....review the list of attributes (the second table in the article), and reflect on which of these you currently have. Also discuss steps you might take to work towards attributes you currently do not have while on your education journey here at B&S College
5. Provide a reference to the article: A properly formatted title, year of publication, and a retrieval statement.
Values Employees Look For
Values Employees Look For
My learning style is verbal; I prefer using prefer using words, both in speech and writing to learn new concepts and acquire new information. Some of the qualities I have that may be needed by an employee include communication skills, honesty, and technical competency, and work ethic, flexibility, determined and persistent, able to work in harmony with co-workers, eager and willing to learn, time conscious.
The attributes I currently have and are reflected on the table include honesty, technical competency, determined and persistent, communication skills and able to work in harmony with co-workers.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to learning styles:
- The difference and similarities between Peter Paul Rubens and Nicolas PoussinDescription: Peter Paul Rubens was a Flemish artist and he was born in 1577. Rubens is regarded as the most authoritative and dominant artist of Flemish Baroque tradition. On the other side, Nicolas Poussin was born in 1594 and he was considered as the most dominant and superior painter of traditional French Baroque...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Research Paper |
- Reflection Papers. Leadership. Social Sciences EssayDescription: A leader can simply be defined as the act and the ability to lead people towards the achievement of a certain objective. Debate on whether leadership is inborn or acquired after birth has raged on for centuries. Though debate is yet to be settled, the general consensus is that whether inborn or inherited...6 pages/≈1650 words | 6 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Final Paper. Sansho the Bailiff film Literature & Language EssayDescription: From the antiquity, an array of historians have acknowledged the humanistic ideals portrayed in Sansho the Bailiff film, a masterpiece from Kenji Maguchi in the medieval setting. The film is based on ancient slavery in Japan. Notably, Mizoguchi, the film director, integrates distinct...4 pages/≈1100 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |