Why Businesses Develop Information Systems (Essay Sample)
Explain why businesses develop information systems. Also, point out some of the wrong reasons businesses sometimes cite for developing information systems and support your answer with examples.
Your response should be at least 200 words in length. You are required to use at least your textbook as source material for your response. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations.
Course Textbook Kroenke, D. (2015). Using MIS 2014 (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
BBA 3551 Unit 1 #7
Why Businesses Develop Information Systems
Information systems are the foundation of any successful business, today. Without the extensive use of information technology, organizations face difficulties in competing at the global level. Organizations are increasingly transforming their operations into the digital world where all business processes and relationships are digitally enabled.
Information systems are important for businesses to meet specific business objectives pertaining to increasing productivity, improving efficiency and enhancing the competitiveness at the same time being innovative. In any business, customer service is a crucial element; businesses develop information systems to improve customer services to maintain the competitive advantage. Establishing customer services that provide a platform for interaction with customers helps in understanding customers’ needs (Kroenke, 2015).
Organizations use designed information systems to support a wide process of coordination and integration of th...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Ways that Information Systems have been misusedDescription: Many organizations use information technology to do business; although information systems increase work productivity, employees often misuse them...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Expatriate Management at AstraZenecaDescription: What lessons can be gleaned from the experiences that occured with the management of expatriate employees at AstraZeneca? ...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Join GroupDescription: I received the email from Kyle Article, the President and founder of Bogeys Washers...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |