Week V Article Review: Population Sampling (Essay Sample)
For this assignment, choose a peer-reviewed/scholarly article on population sampling to review. This article should be on any topic that includes a sample from a clearly distinguished population (such as a voting group, a population of professionals, or employees in a large corporation). Use a source that contains peer-reviewed/scholarly articles.
The purpose of this assignment is for you to practice reviewing articles that contribute to the industry. The authors of these articles are researchers and professionals that have shared or experimented with ideas that demonstrate potential to improve the industry. As a professional in the industry, it is in your best interest to review the literature and trends within it. Doing so provides you with the opportunity to read about what has been successful and how. Plus, it allows you to analyze the ideas that were unsuccessful, how you can improve them, or at least avoid repeating the mistakes of others. Use these skills to contribute to research papers and other scholarly writing in the future.
As you read the articles, consider the following questions:
- How could the topic of this article apply to your personal or professional life?
- How could it apply to an organization you have observed?
Use these guidelines to select articles:
- Be peer reviewed
- Relate to marketing research that includes a sample from a clearly distinguished population (such as a voting group, a population of professionals, or employees in a large corporation).
- Be at least ten pages in length.
Use these guidelines to prepare each of your article reviews:
- At least two pages in length
- Identify the main topic/question
- Give a brief summary of the research and the findings, and discuss the sampling strategy that was used.
- Think critically about the article and how it applies to this course
Format your article review using APA Style. Use your own words and include citations for other articles as needed to avoid plagiarismsource..
Week V Article Review: Population Sampling
Week V Article Review: Population Sampling
Sampling is a process used in statistical analysis to determine the number of observations from a larger population. This technique is used in statistical analysis in which a predetermined number of observations are taken from a larger population. Sampling will depend on the type of analysis performed (Andreb & Careja, 2018). Sampling is done in studies to be able to produce accurate results; it is impractical and hard to study a whole population. Information on characteristics is always needed whether by politicians, marketing departments of companies, public officials and social services and others. An article by Andreb and Careja (2018) is written on the sampling of European migrants. It is based on the findings of specialists from six different countries in Europe including Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Italy, Spain, and the Netherlands. The authors proposed that by centering on sampling migrants in cities, investigators can better apply sampling approaches that lead to equivalent samples (Andreb & Careja, 2018). There is an increased entry of emigrants into Europe, which poses a major task to statistical institutions, investigators, and academicians. With organizations like United Nations and the World Bank requiring further information, the need for more dependable data is being acknowledged.
The researchers considered various ways of finding the target population with the aim of identifying characteristics being whether people in a population have been born outside the country or descended from someone who was born outside the country of current residence. Citizenship received little attention as migrants may surrender their citizenship wh
- 2nd Week Marketing BUS530 Mod 1 Aaron Buelow Description: The nationwide legalization of abortion in the 1970s, may have unintended consequences of reducing unwanted children in the 1990s and reducing the crime levels to some extent ...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Fin501 Week 2 Marketing Discussion Christopher Jefferson Description: According to the National Foundation for Credit Counselling, issuers of credit cards divide people who use it in to two, transactors and revolvers (Hyun & Minetti, 2018)....1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Bus530 Mod 1 Slp Business Supply And DemandDescription: What business do you want to start, and why? Explain your personal connection to this type of business and discuss sources of information about this business that you plan to use for your SLP....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |