3 pages/≈825 words
Business & Marketing
public administration cases by Richard J. Stillman (Essay Sample)
attached is one questions that has to be answered in the form of essay, the book that i am using that is required by the class is public administration concepts and cases by Richard J. Stillman ninth edition and other reading materials that will be provided if needed. Based on your reading of the Woodrow Wilson article and "The Blast in Centralia No.5," how would you justify the need for and importance of a strong and effective public administrative system in society? source..
(January 03, 2012)
The Blast in Centralia No.5, provided a great insight on the function of public administration; and despite the fact that it occurred many decades ago i.e. March 25, 1947 at 3: 27 pm it still bears significance in the modern day society. The accident caused the death of 111 miners and affected many others such as family and friends and this was linked to poor public administration procedures. This paper is based on the reading of the article "The Blast in Centralia No.5," and justifies the need for and importance of a strong and effective public administrative system in society.
Public safety administrative officials had inspected the mine and found it wanting in its safety standards; however they did nothing to evade the disaster. This was mere ignorance on their part and the disaster came as no surprise as the facts of the conditions in the mines lay bear for everyone to see. The company was more interested in making profits than in the safety of the workers and the conditions were deplorable and hazards were real (Stillman, 2009). There were numerous calls from state and federal officials and agencies and union officials to the government and company to correct the hazard.
Prior to the mine explosion, inspectors from the state of Illinois sent by the then governor John Hamilton oversaw safety and practice regulations in the mines in 1883. This was followed by other inspections in 1899 and 1917 respectively. In 1946 the department of interior from the department of mines wrote a letter so as to enforce safety regulations in the m...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- public administration conceptsDescription: Guiding Principles in Making for the Most Efficient and Effective Public Organizations...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Individual Strengths and Problem Solving TechniquesDescription: Business and Marketing Essay: Individual Strengths and Problem Solving Techniques...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- PromotionDescription: Business and Marketing Essay: Promotion...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |