Reliability, Maintainability and Availability Research (Essay Sample)
1. Select a topic discussed in our textbook in which you will demonstrate critical thinking at a higher-level as noted in APUS's Assignment Rubrics for Undergraduate 300-400 level work.
2. Submit your topic along with a brief description to the Instructor via e-mail for approval.
3. The page length requirement for your paper is 6-7 double spaced pages. In addition you need to provide a cover sheet which, includes; the course title and name, paper title, student name and student ID.
4. References will include your text and 3-4 additional sources.
5. Cite your work in accordance with APA guidelines.
NOTE: Your paper will be graded using the Grading Rubric 200-400 level available here.
Blanchard, B. S. (9/2003). Logistics Engineering & Management, 6th Edition. [Bookshelf Online]. Retrieved from https://online(dot)vitalsource(dot)com/#/books/9781269456906/
Citation for the file that's attached
My final project will be over Chapter 2 on Reliability, Maintainability and Availability
I will discuss on how to design and develop a system that will specifically target cost effectiveness and availability measures. This objective is dependent on the reliability and maintainability that are included in the designs overall system operational usage.
Course title and name
Paper title: Reliability, Maintainability and Availability
Student name and student ID
The system performance, end-user needs and the system architecture are all factors that affect the system performance. At the same time, reliability, availability, and maintainability are logistic support requirements and not merely system performance indicators (Blanchard, 2003). These requirements are considered before the design process begins, and they are then maintained throughout the life cycle and even down to the system disposal. In logistic engineering, various sets of activities are integrated to ensure that the systems functions well where there is operational availability. In designing and developing a system, there will be focus on cost effectiveness and availability measures. This objective is dependent on the reliability and maintainability that are included in the designs overall system operational usage.
Dependable systems are required in daily life as many tasks are performed or supported by these systems, which need to be reliable, maintainable and reliable. Various engineering tools are utilized to assess performance during the design process and are necessary to identify areas requiring improvement or corrective actions (Corvaro et al., 2017). Reliability is the idea that a system or a component of the system will function properly without failure for the desired period even when conditions are imposed. The systems and its components ought to contribute to system reliability. When there are uncertainties affect reliability assessment it is necessary to consider how the conditions of use and the system intrinsic factors affect the system failures (Corvaro et al., 2017). Probability calculations address the reliability of the system and together with forecasts the reliability analyses form the basis for further adaptations, improvements and substitution of the components.
Maintainability relates to the ability to go through modifications and repairs, and this can be achieved by additional updates, having a maintenance structure and maintenance plans. The desired level of maintenance is prioritized when designing the system. To get the logistic resource requirements, it is necessary to undertake maintainability prediction in logistic support analysis (Blanchard, 2003). For instance calculations can involve the maintenance repair time required and the maintenance personnel who would be involved to accomplish this. There will high maintainability and fewer failures to achieve a high cost effective system. This is necessary since evaluating the various systems components for reliability helps in maintenance execution, and this is most successful when there is information and knowledge about the different component states (Corvaro et al., 2017).
Availability refers to readiness for service and the availability mechanisms must be considered to protect against the random and systematic faults. Unlike reliability, availability does not require correct service and represents the time indicators. When the required components of the system are available, this makes it easier to design and configure the system as required and on time. Hence, this improves efficiency and reduces the risk of avoidable delays that increases cost overruns. Availability also affects the ability to meet stakeholder's expectations and requirements (Filippi, D'Ambrogio & Lisi, 2015).
As the aim is to ensure that the system is cost effective and available the reliability objective and this is to be maintained for long periods of time. I will focus on designing for reliability as this minimizes the need for more resources. The chahrctsrcis of the materials are also considered as they affect the system reliability. Resources are required t...
- Lifestyle Diseases And Awareness About Environment SustainabilityDescription: A brief, one-page PROPOSAL, in overview form, of your business plan, telling me what business you plan to start and why you think it would be successful. This should include statements about yourself, your abilities and the "window of opportunity" at present for your business. ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Analysis of Leadership in Crisis-Mode: The case of BP and the 2010 Deepwater Horizon Disaste. . .Description: Justify your analysis, your discussion and your opinions by drawing on your research, course concepts and frameworks. You may also integrate your own beliefs about leadership. Cite sources as appropriate. ...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Warehousing Aims/ Ideals Professionalism, Operations PlanningDescription: Identify at least two aims/ideals that you have seen implemented at your current (or former) organization. In 200-250 words, explain why that aim/ideal was implemented. ...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |