Raport Effective Management Implications Motivation Job Satisfaction (Essay Sample)
For this Work Product Assessment, you will prepare a report to a leader of an organization to demonstrate your ability to apply effective management practices to enhancing an individual’s motivation, job satisfaction, and performance.
Professional Skills: Written Communication and Critical Thinking and Problem Solving are assessed in this Competency.
Your response to this Assessment should:
• Reflect the criteria provided in the Rubric.
• Adhere to the required length.
• Conform to APA style guidelines. This Assessment requires submission of one (1) file. Save your file as LM005_firstinitial_lastname (for example, LM005_J_Smith). When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the Assessment tab on the top navigation menu.
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the rubric. This is the same rubric the assessor will use to evaluate your submission and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the Competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
Access the following to complete this Assessment:
To begin, imagine that you have been asked to provide a report for the president of the organization that will detail challenges the organization is facing regarding employees and strategies to mitigate these challenges and promote a more positive, sustainable, and productive work environment. Respond to the prompts below as you formulate a plan to enhance employees’ motivation, job satisfaction, and performance. Before finalizing your report, include introductory and summary paragraphs.
Note: Do not use the name of the organization or the names of any employees. Instead, provide fictitious organization and employee names, but recall actual experiences.
1. Identify factors that contribute to a positive, sustainable, and productive work environment. (2–3 paragraphs)
o Detail factors that research and best practices show contribute to a positive, sustainable, and productive work environment.
2. Explain the ineffective strategies employed by the organization that do not promote a positive, sustainable, and productive work environment and do not promote a strong organizational culture. (3–4 paragraphs)
o Provide two examples of specific strategies that are currently used by the organization that do not promote a positive, sustainable, and productive work environment as well as one strategy that does not promote a strong organizational culture.
3. Develop effective strategies for the organization that will promote a positive, sustainable, and productive work environment as well as a strong organizational culture. (3–4 paragraphs)
o Detail specific strategies to replace the ineffective strategies given in #2.
o Explain how these strategies will promote a positive, sustainable, and productive work environment as well as a strong organizational culture.
4. Explain the relationship among organizational commitment, job satisfaction, and performance as they apply to the organization. (2–3 paragraphs)
o Explain how the commitment of the employee to the organization affects job satisfaction and performance. Consider both positive and negative aspects. Provide two examples of positive aspects that demonstrate this commitment and two examples of negative aspects that demonstrate a lack of commitment at the organization.
5. Compare the effectiveness or influence of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation on individual performance. (3–4 paragraphs)
o Explain how extrinsic motivation at the organization influences individual performance. Provide two examples that demonstrate the influence of extrinsic motivation on individual performance at the organization.
o Explain how intrinsic motivation at the organization influences individual performance. Provide two examples that demonstrate the influence of intrinsic motivation on individual performance at the organization.
o Compare the effectiveness of the two methods of motivation on individual performance at the organization.
6. Describe effective management interventions that strengthen employee satisfaction, motivation, and emotional well-being including various types of feedback and feedforward methods. (4–5 paragraphs)
o Describe management interventions, including feedback and feedforward methods, currently used at the organization level and whether or not they strengthen employee satisfaction, motivation, and emotional well-being.
o Explain how the current management interventions could be improved to further strengthen employee satisfaction, motivation, and emotional well-being.
7. Describe the types and characteristics of communications managers might use to positively influence an individual’s motivation, job satisfaction, and performance. (2–3 paragraphs)
o Describe the types and characteristics of communication managers currently use at the organization.
o Explain how the current types and characteristics of communication used by the organization could be improved to more positively influence an individual’s motivation, job satisfaction, and performance.
Note: Remember, before finalizing your report, include introductory and summary paragraphs.
Implications of Motivation and Job Satisfaction
Implications of Motivation and Job Satisfaction
The success of any organization depends on the motivation job satisfaction of the employee. The owners of the companies therefore need to be very careful I dealing with the employees for the better performance o the organization that they are leading. Therefore the company should employ the use of motivation and job satisfaction well if they really need to succeed. The organization therefore needs to employ strategies that will enable the organization to perform better (Hartson & Pyla, 2012).
Motivation is a key in any organizations that want to breakthrough in its business operation. It must ensure that the workers are endowed with motivation at all levels. The aspect of motivation is very vital especially for the organization that has got the employees that are having necessary skills and knowledge together with innovation. Motivation goes hand in hand with performance in any line of business. It is something of importance if there is an understanding on how the employees are motivated in terms of the rewards and incentives and not only in terms of the salary and remuneration. Employees should be recognized for their work and their effectiveness should be monitored for better performance of the organization. The employees that are motivated and given the incentives well are likely to bring about effective and efficient production in an organization.
Factors that contribute to a positive, sustainable, and productive work environment
Enquiring what employees need -Asking what the employees need in your organization will in fact bring about good performance because it necessitates the boss to understand why certain employees behave in a certain manner and how best they can be motivated to perform in an organization.
Focusing on bob enrichment-The leader should be able to provide an employee with the job that is challenging yet gives an opportunity to enjoy because of the interesting nature of the job .Provisions of the work that is matching the employees will provide the employee with the opportunities for them to succeed and the organization will see the improvement in organizations performance.
Ineffective strategies employed by the organization
Non-provision of opportunities for advancements-The managers should ensure that they have provided the workers with additional jobs or new jobs so that they can exploit their potentials well in the organizations .The no provision of these opportunities de-motivates the workers so much that they cannot perform to the organization. Also giving the employees the promotion is very essential as it bring about recognition and the employees skills and knowledge in different areas.
Failure to respect employees –As a manager or leader one should be able to accord respect to the employees of his company or organization as it is the basic in the good performance of the organizational objectives and goals. Learning the interests and the needs of an employee is very important .Learning their lives is also very essential as one gets to understand them well and assisting them where possible. Failure to will lead to an organization not achieving in terms of performance.
Failing to recognize employees’ efforts-The employees efforts need to be taken into consideration, especially the good performance need to be recognized and rewarded accordingly so as to motivate the employee for further improvements. The efforts and achievements need to be mentioned to the employees and thanking them for showing great performances in their jobs. Failing to recognize them will lead to the morale l...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Corporate and Organizational Ethics: The Magazine of Corporate Responsibility Description: Using at least two articles from the Trident Online Library’s full-text databases (such as Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete, and/or ProQuest Central), research the chosen topic and create a well-balanced 3- to 3½-page submission that demonstrates evidence of critical thinking....4 pages/≈1100 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Why We Buy Field Project: 4Ps for Full Sun GiftsDescription: My understanding of the textbook is that marketing involves placing the right product in the right place, at the right time and at the right price....7 pages/≈1925 words | No Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- BUS520 MODULE 2 SLP: Confidence Intervals and Hypothesis Testing Description: The CI that has been built around a sample mean and as the standard deviation is a measure of variability and depending on the sample size and the CI reflects the variability of the sample mean (Huck, 2014)...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |