Personal statement. Business & Marketing Assignment (Essay Sample)
This is a personal statement to apply for a post-graduate program. My undergraduate major is Economics and the major I'm applying for is Data Analysis. I want this personal statement is about "how does this major build for my future, and how it build".
Graduate Certificate - Big Data
V Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Show Details ▼
Big Data allows users to visualize past, present and future patterns by linking and presenting information in meaningful ways. Data Analytics offers deeper insight into the meaning of data sets by telling the story behind the information. This enables stakeholders to make more informed decisions, predict trends and better understand the needs and sentiments of customers. This program provides students with a unique blend of theoretical knowledge and applied skills. Students learn how to collect, curate, manipulate, encode, and store data sets so they can be analyzed and mined in such a way that they can be reused and repurposed to solve challenges that don't yet exist.
Graduates of this program are able to collect, organize and correlate data for a wide range of industries including government, applied research, human resources, health care, and sales and marketing. Leveraging prior background, skills, and experience, students may be employed in roles such as Data Analyst, Data Visualization Developer, Business Intelligence (Bl) Specialist, Analytics Specialist, Bl Solutions Architect or Business Analytic Specialist.
• Minimum Level of Education Required: 2-Year Undergraduate Diploma
• Min GPA: 50.0%
• English Proficiency Requirements:
For direct admission, applicant must be from an English speaking country or meet either of the following English test scores: o Min TOEFL iBT: 89.0 (Min Writing: 22.0, Min Speaking: 22.0) o Min IELTS overall: 6.5
For conditional admission, instead of submitting IELTS or TOEFL scores, applicant may complete English courses prior to the academic program. The length of the English course is determined based on the applicants level of English proficiency.
• Resume: Outlining work/volunteer/internship experiences
• Letter of intent: Stating reason for applying
• It is recommended that the applicant have a specialty in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, or business.
• Ancillary Fees: $2,897 per year
• Insurance Fee: $220 per year
The number of people connected to the web continues to increase every day. Many companies are using the Internet to advertise their products and services where customers can buy these commodities from different parts of the world. As such, the amount of data required to be analyzed is increasing on a daily basis. Indeed, having an undergraduate in economics, I understand the importance of data in making strategic decisions. A bachelor’s degree in economics has opened my eyes and made me know the importance of data analysis. Since I have met the admission requirements for a graduate certificate in Big Data Analytics (BDAT) at Georgian College, I believe that I have what it takes to pursue this course.
- MGT360 Leadership Development Plan Part I. Business & MarketingDescription: Being a leader is not easy. It takes courage and patience to make a good leader. In my life, I have had several instances where I have demonstrated leadership. In one instance, I was appointed the leader of a discussion group some time back....4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Supply Chain Management at Regal Marine. Business & MarketingDescription: The techniques that have been put in place by Regal marine to improve the supply and chain that the company uses to get raw material for the manufacture of the motorboats and supplying the final product to the customer are top-notch....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Marketing Strategy. Business & Marketing AssignmentDescription: The Pure Barre Company is among the companies in the boutique gym line of business and its brand is considered as being one of the best in the boutique fitness industry...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |