Organizational Culture Module 5 SLP (Essay Sample)
Module 5 – SLP MGT 302
For this final SLP, choose an organization that you currently work for or have worked for in the past. You will be applying the concepts of organizational culture that you read about in the background materials to this organization.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper addressing the following issues:
1.Describe how your organization rates on these cultural characteristics: detail-oriented, team-oriented, innovative, aggressive, outcome-oriented, and people-oriented.
2.Discuss how strong the organizational culture is at your organization. To what extent is the organization’s culture shared by employees and managers?
3.What aspects of your organization’s culture do you think should be changed, and what steps would you recommend to change the culture?
SLP Assignment Expectations
•Answer the assignment questions directly. Stay focused on the precise assignment questions; don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to general background materials.
•Make use of both the required Case Assignment articles as well as the required general background materials in your paper. Apply concepts that you learned in the background materials in your answers to the assignment questions.
Review our “Writing Style Guide” for more detail on referencing and writing expectations. This guide is found under “My Resources” in the TLC portal.source..
In reference to views of social construct, organizational culture can be construed as being founded on the way operational processes within and outside an organization are perceived. The organizational culture of particular institution is therefore apparent in how daily routines are conducted within an organization, the process of managerial decision making, communication among workers and their superiors, the process of handling criticism, errors and problems as well as how new recruits and essential competences are recruited. Every organization has its own defined culture that is unique to it and which has a lot of influence on the performance of an organization (Madu, 2006). This paper explores how Princess Outfitters rates on various cultural characteristics.
There are various values that characterize an organization. Some of these values include; innovation, aggressiveness, detail-orientation, team orientation, people-orientation, outcome â€“orientation and stability (Bauer & Erdogan, 2011; Taylor, 2010). Princess Outfitters is a company that can be described as having embraced innovative culture to a large extent. This is because all the employees are encouraged to experiment on new ideas which leads to innovation of new garment designs. All employees feel empowered to offer their innovative ideas because this company is characterized by a flat hierarchy in which status distinction tends to be down played and to some extent, all employees are players at close to equal levels.
Princess Outfitters portray some aggression that enables it to outperform its competitors. However this form of aggression is only founded on brainstorming new ideas to enable the firm beat its competitors in the market. Princess Outfitters also embraces outcome-oriented culture wh...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to culture essays:
- The Sioux Indian Tribe CultureDescription: The Sioux, also known as the Lakota or Dakota, in their traditional setting lived a nomadic lifestyle. The men hunted antelopes, buffaloes, and deer for meat...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Narrative on Popular CultureDescription: Myself as Albert explaining to John about popular culture and feminism through mobile phone...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Globalization in Relation to CultureDescription: The advent of globalization has been associated with increased use of new technology, leading to a global culture especially for those connected with the new media....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |