The Negotiations Business & Marketing Essay Research (Essay Sample)
• Consider a situation where you have had to negotiate to achieve a desired outcome.
• Discuss how the urge to win in the negotiation overwhelmed your rational decision-making.
• Did the urge to win lead to a bad decision-making? Why or why not?
• Did you have to make any concessions during the negotiation process? Please be specific.
I negotiated for wages for my first part-time job. My employer was paying $8 dollars per hour for the position, but I wanted to be paid $11. The thought of what I would be able to do with the money I would make in this job really overwhelmed me. As such, I was a bit rigid at the beginning of the negotiation, not willing to make any trade-offs at all. I understood my employer’s Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA) too well and knew his options were limited since the job was in an insecure part of town.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- BUS499 Business Administration Capstone Business & Marketing EssayDescription: Organizations operating in today’s turbulent business environment have to address significant challenges in order to succeed. McDonald’s is a popular fast-food company that has 35,000 outlets spread across 100 countries....8 pages/≈2200 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Research Project. Marketing Mix of Coca-Cola. Marketing EssayDescription: The marketing mix, commonly called the 4Ps, is a set of marketing programs, tools and strategies used by firms to pursue their marketing and promotional objectives in the target. ...6 pages/≈1650 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Change in Hotel Industry. Business & Marketing EssayDescription: Based on the article and this unit's other reading assignments, examine how value proposition in the hotel industry has evolved to change guest behavior across generations. Measuring the overall guest satisfaction is necessary to understand how people perceive the travel and hotel experiences....3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |