Innovation/Reflection Memorandum. Business & Marketing Essay (Essay Sample)
Ursula Burns former Xerox CEO, conveys in her first interview,"business is made for men." Whether that is believable is a matter of opinion. Robert Smith of Vista Equity Partners addresses innovation in various areas in his two interviews.
First, what do you think about their life story? We in the School of Business and Economics focus on developing and hopefully, graduating problem solvers from our business programs. With that conveyed, what did you learn from Burns' and Smith's lives that made them problem-solvers and a self motivators regarding their own career paths? Do you think emotional intelligence and mindfulness influenced their careers? Why or Why not? Lastly, regarding innovation, what do you think about Burns and Smith's' outlook regarding innovation? Explain your thinking.
Answer these questions in a one full page memorandum that is single spaced. Address the memorandum to me. Format the memorandum following the examples in the textbook chapter entitled, " Writing E-mails, Memos and Letters." No citation is needed. Submit the memorandum in a Microsoft Office Word document.
Date: February 9, 2020
Subject: Innovation/Reflection Memorandum
1. Ursula Burns' interview: https://money(dot)cnn(dot)com/2017/02/03/technology/american-dream-ursula-burns/index.html
2. Ursula Burns' interview regarding innovation: https://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=Fz6OdPrM-lc&feature=youtu.be
3. Robert Smith interview reflection innovation: https://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=rYi7UnkoWYM&feature=youtu.be
4. Robert Smith interview part two: https://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=E94dDj7I7n0&feature=youtu.be
To:From:Date: February 9, 2020Subject: Innovation/Reflection Memorandum
Ursula Burns and Robert Smith are inspiring leaders and exhibit the core qualities that every aspiring business leader must possess. One core competence that distinguished them as outstanding problem solvers is ability to communicate and create organizations with a culture that promotes innovation. Notably, Burns and Smith were visionary leaders who were capable of creating value through people. When individuals are aligned towards a common objective, it is easier to create value through innovation.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to emotional intelligence:
- The Management of Organizations. What is emotional labor?Description: All organizations need an effective management plan that guarantees maximum prosperity not only for the employer but also for the employees who toil for long hours for their organizations. ...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- The Role of Storytelling in "The Body" by Stephen KingDescription: In the novella The Body, Stephen King takes one on a journey that is intriguing, emotional, and mind-numbingly intoxicating. Through the eyes of a character named Gordon Lachance, King makes sure that he captures the reader’s attention from the beginning to the end....3 pages/≈825 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Interview Transcripts Communications & Media CourseworkDescription: Make three interview transcripts for three different people. Peoples' names are Youzhe Bao, Luhui Xu, and Nan Yang. Youzhe Bao is people who has already in business carrier. Luhui Xu is people who is in business internship. Nan Yang is people who study in business major in university....5 pages/≈1375 words | MLA | Communications & Media | Coursework |