Fining of Google by the European Union (EU) Business & Marketing Essay (Essay Sample)
Every month, week and day ethical issues are addressed in the media. Television and media reports, popular press magazines, newspapers and social media are mediums through which we become aware of many ethical issues and reflects the evolving relationship we as members of society have with the media.
The purpose of this assignment is to identify and analyze an ethical issue highlighted in the media.
Sections in your paper should include:
1. Introduction and Summary of the media event you have chosen. This section should identify what event you will be discussing, how it relates to course topics and what your paper will address. This section should highlight your familiarity with the event you have chosen and the responses by key actors. Include an overview of the key stakeholders and their responses to the situation. To avoid bias, this section should include multiple sources.
2. Analyze the response by the main/key actors involved in the media event you have chosen. Analyzing the response should include how the situation was handled and how it relates to the crisis management process. A good response sufficiently relates and discusses the ethical issue highlighted in the media to the steps of crisis management.
3. Assessment of the company response based on what was presented in the previous section. Did the company handle the event appropriately? Could/should they have done something different? If so, what?
5. References in APA formatting (a minimum of five references are required for this assignment)
this is the link to the topic
The internet is one of the best sources for information, and this largely illustrated by the level of integration most of the traditions services have done over the years. Ideally, the internet forms that basis for sharing information from social to corporate and government levels. While the level of efficiency has greatly improved, there have been challenges along the way and some of them have very subtle impacts at the personal and even societal levels (Warren, 2018). At the helm of the information sharing platforms, are the ethical issues associated with them. This is more so given that even the world’s largest and most influential Tech Company, Google, has been rocked with such issues. To this effect, Google was fined an estimated $ 5 billion dollars by the EU in the grounds that it had been involved in activities that were considered unethical (Vivarelli, 2018). The company was given a hefty fine following reports that it had broken the antitrust laws (Warren, 2018). This is a food example of the ethical issues magnitude that most of the countries are grappling with as well as the users of such services. Over the years, issues of ethics associated with such companies dominate the markets using scrupulous methods to stay ahead of the competition have been rampant. This means that stakeholders in the field are put at a disadvantage by a dominating company, and this leads to unhealthy competition.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Week 6. Decentralization. Business & Marketing EssayDescription: Businesses today are in an environment where communication has become cheaper and more efficient that it was a few decades ago. With the advent of the internet, instant messaging and emails, it is now much easier for the employees to communicate....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Customer-Focused Measures vs. Workforce-Focused MeasuresDescription: Customer-focused measures and workforce measures are considered as important approaches which are most commonly utilized in regards to measure the performance....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Scholar Activity. Unit V Article Review. Business & Marketing EssayDescription: For this assignment, you will conduct an article review using a peer-reviewed article of your choice relating to agency problems from the CSU Online Library. The purpose of this assignment is for you to practice reviewing articles that contribute to the industry. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |