Global Supply Chain Ethics Reflection Essay. Strategic leadership (Essay Sample)
This essay is about global supply chain ethics, examining the case of slave labor in Nestle’s supply chain in Thailand.
Please read the article before writting.
Please reflect on each of the following question equally. The idea of the reflection paper is to share my opinion about the topic, so, please reduce the amount of citations and focus on personal opionions.
3 Questions are:
1. What are some ways that business leaders can create and maintain an organizational culture dedicated to
doing ‘right’ by their employees, customers, and communities?
2. Under what conditions is it ethically defensible to outsource production to the developing world where
labor costs are lower, when such actions also involve laying off long-term employees in the firm’s home
3. Why do consumers buy Fair Trade products? List a few reasons and analyze each of them.
Global supply chain ethics
Globalization has increased competition among companies by reducing the economic distance between them. To cope up with the competition, companies in industrialized regions have outsourced cheap labor and low tax rates from developing countries. Nestle grew by 10% annually through its Thailand subsidiary that benefited from cheap labor. However, the company’s seafood and cocoa supply chain in Thailand relied heavily on slavery and child labor practices. Based on Nestlé’s Supply chain in Thailand, this paper aims at discussing how leaders can create and maintain good organizational culture, ethics behind outsourcing, and why consumers buy fair trade products.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to ethics essays:
- IT/IS Considerations The following are the weekly case studies and topics that will be cover. . .Description: Week one will cover the topic of organizational impacts of information and it aims at establishing how the application of information technology impacts the organization. It also aims at establishing what type of organizational structure is best to adopt technological changes and the reasons. ...1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- The Importance of Realtors Code Of Ethics. Finance, Term PaperDescription: Real estate is a legal term in business and is used to refer to buying and selling of houses and buildings. The realtors' code of ethics ensures measures have been put in place to protect both buyers and sellers of real estate properties. The importance of the realtors' code of ethics is to ensure equality...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Term Paper |
- Stand Up, Speak Out: The Practice and Ethics of Public SpeakingDescription: When delivering a speech about cigarette smoking in movies, one should come up with concluding remarks that discourage that behavior. In particular, some young people might imitate what they see in films, which is the reason why smoking cigarettes in movies should be highly discouraged...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |