Financial Markets Questions. Business & Marketing Essay (Essay Sample)
DISCUSSION PROBLEMS are designed to encourage student to think critically about the real-world issues.
1. How does new technology cause banks’ traditional lending activities to decline in balance-sheet importance?
2. The deposit insurance program may ironically increase the likelihood that people will require even more deposit protection. List and explain three potential problems that deposit insurance creates or makes things worse.
3. If a no-load mutual fund has no sales commissions, how does a broker make money from offering these funds to the clients? Why offer a no-load fund? What are the benefits to holding one?
4. You invest $1,000,000 in Fidelity China Fund. The Fund charges a front-end load of 5.75% and an annual expense fee of 1.25% of the average asset value over the year. You believe the fund’s gross rate of return will be 11% per year. What will your investment portfolio be worth in one year?
Unit Name & Number:
Date of Submission:
Effects technology on banks’ traditional lending activities and their decline on balance-sheet importance
Technology has been the blueprint in transforming banking activities that they can now transact with clients from overseas efficiently, timely, and at a lower cost. Banks are leading in the financial sector in replacing their traditional systems with the new technology.
Banks loans are one of the four significant principal earning assets apart from mortgages and securities. They play an essential part in a bank's statement of financial position, and thus the management should always pay attention to any opportunity in the market to improve lending (Mocetti, Pagnini & Sette, 2017).
vernments use this program to provide a large cover for t
- Exercise 2.4. Project Home Agency. Business & Marketing EssayDescription: This agency encourages all people to work for the better of the community in general and not for personal gain to ensure nobody is ranked behind. In this case, the agency works to identify and work on the causes of issues such as poverty to enable all people to live beyond the constraints...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- DB4 - Risk Management Business & Marketing Essay ResearchDescription: Economic growth occurs when times are good. As such, consumer-spending, technology, labor force, capital goods, and human capital increases. Economic growth refers to the rise in the manufacture of products and services compared to a certain period to another. Increased production...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Financial Economictrics Business & Marketing EssayDescription: A study of Linear Time Series Models has immense benefits in the area of financial management. With knowledge in this area, an individual can analyze financial data and use the models of Time Series to areas like asset returns. Furthermore, Linear Time Series helps in forecasting...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |