2 pages/≈550 words
Business & Marketing
Employment Law for Business (Essay Sample)
Required sources: Employment Law for Business, 7th edition by Dawn D. Bennett-Alexander and Laura P. Hartman source..
EMPLOYMENT LAW FOR BUSINESS
Date of Submission
Employment Law for Business
1. By properly classifying a worker as an independent contractor or an employee, the employer`s obligations as to matters concerning compensation of workers, minimum wage, payroll taxes, overtime requirements, immigration documentation, benefit plan eligibility among other factors are clearly defined in the contractual agreement thus avoiding unnecessary huddles such as potential lawsuits and welfare protests with regard to the worker`s demands. This also creates a favorable working atmosphere as both the worker and employer are well aware of expectations.
2. The first theoretical base is the disparate theory where an individual will have to prove with evidence that race played a role in the decision-making process. The employer`s failure to give proof of or offer a believable explanation for the decision of employment can support the individual`s claim under this theory. The second theory, disparate impact, which is not automatically unlawful, the employer ...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to immigration:
- Ethnicization and RacializationDescription: Essay: Race and Ethnicity (Literature and Language)...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Local and state statistics Description: Research Paper: Local and state statistics ...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- Immigration and Integration conflictsDescription: Social Sciences Essay: Immigration and Integration conflicts...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |