Discussion 1 - Habits of mind Business & Marketing Essay (Essay Sample)
Read the Costa & Kallick article “Describing 16 Habits of Mind” (http://www(dot)habitsofmind(dot)org/sites/default/files/16HOM2_0.pdf) and answer two of the questions below. One answer should have at least 700 characters (without counting spaces), NOT WORDS. Your answers could be posted as replies to other students' posts.
1. Of the 16 habits of mind described, which one is your “strength” and what advice would you give to someone who needs to work on improving it?
2. Of the 16 habits of mind described, which one is your “weak point” that needs improvement and what actions do you plan to take for improving it?
3. Which habit of mind do you think is useful in Math/Statistics classes and why?
4. Which information or quote from this paper do you consider to be “life changing” and why?
Discussion 1- Habits of Mind
"Describing 16 Habits of mind."
Generally, "habit of mind" means having an intelligent character that can override life challenges. From the "16 Habits of Mind" article, few habits stand out for me, for example, impulsivity management. I have embraced this habit for quite a long time, and it has enhanced my productivity as a leader since it is a habit for problem solvers. Technically, a good leader should think extensively before presenting an action (Costa & Kallick, 2000). Every act or thought has drawn should be deliberate since it is the only entity that separates leaders from followers. However, some
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Wk 2 Discussion - Marketing and Market Research Business EssayDescription: Market research and marketing research are two terms in the marketing domain used interchangeably, yet they refer to different concepts. In simple terms, marketing research can be understood as an umbrella term that considers the overall aspects of a marketing mix....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Wk 2 - Advertising Strategy Business & Marketing EssayDescription: The controversial cheerios commercial featured a biracial daughter. She asked her white mother if cheerios are suitable for the heart's health. The mother replied that cheerios are ideal for the heart. The girl then dropped the cheerios on the black father's chest in a playful manner to help...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Marketing Excellence Amazon Business & Marketing EssayDescription: One of the most convenient ways to buy a product these days is through the internet because it is convenient. The most successful online retailer is Amazon, with its $1.7 trillion net worth second to Apple today. Amazon offers almost every product on the market today. With a single click...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |