Week 5 Essay Writing: Collecting Large Amounts of Data (Essay Sample)
Answer the following discussion questions this week.
The questions are based on the following article and can be accessed by clicking on the link below (or by pasting the link into your browser):
GERBER, B. J., & ROBINSON, S. E. (2009). LOCAL GOVERNMENT PERFORMANCE AND THE CHALLENGES OF REGIONAL PREPAREDNESS FOR DISASTERS. Public Performance & Management Review, 32(3), 345-371.
1. Describe the major approached used by managers in assessing preparedness and response effectiveness.
2. What are the primary challenges facing managers in regional preparedness for disaster? What are some legal hurdles?
Your responses should be objective when looking at disaster preparedness and what, from a manager's standpoint are the most important elements. You may use outside resources as well; Be sure to cite all references used and include a references list.
Submission Instructions: Go to the Forums and select Week 5 Forum, Topic 1 and follow the instructions.
One major approach used by managers in assessing the preparedness and response effectiveness during disasters is collecting large amounts of data. This means that collecting data of other similar disasters that happened before and they can use this data to determine the best method to respond to future disasters. The other approach is collaborating with other organizations to come up with ways to respond and prevent disasters. This can include training programs for employees on emergency management of disasters so that they are aware of techniques of preventing and responding to disasters (Gerber & Robinson, 2009). Preparedness is an approach that managers use because it requires preparing for a disaster and putting mitigation efforts. Preparing for a disaster is essential because it ensures that an organization has put in the measures and systems that can handle a disaster in case it occurs (Col, 2007).
One major challenge for managers in the regional preparedness ...
- Managing In An Inclusive Environment: DiscriminationDescription: Master's level Essay: Managing In An Inclusive Environment: Discrimination...4 pages/≈1100 words | 5 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- The Impact of Complex Adaptive Systems of Verizon WirelessDescription: Write a 2-page paper on an analysis of the impact of changes within a complex adaptive system on a transformation in an organization...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- M2D2 Assignment: International Business and EthicsDescription: International Business and Ethics: Discuss what you uncovered about this event that made it relevant to the topic of ethical and financial business. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |