Case Study Analyses on Human Behavior (Essay Sample)
Goal: Create a case study analysis based on two scholarly studies that focus on different elements of human behavior (individual differences, personality, culture, or ethics) and its impact on the functionality of organizations/businesses. After a concise, but thorough, analyses of the cases, summarize the benefits of understanding these components of human behavior in the practice of organizational management.
Presentation Option: You must write a 600-750 word case study analysis of the two cases. With the presentation, you need to include the two articles of the cases you examine as uploads along with your work.
Instructions: Students will write a 600-750 word case study analysis based on two different cases that involve differing elements of human behavior (individual differences, personality, culture, or ethics). Review the Case Study Analysis procedure used in the previous similar assignment (and see procedure below). Obtain your case study articles from scholarly peer-reviewed journals in the APUS online library. Use case studies that were published within the last ten years. After a concise, but thorough and clear delineation and analysis of the cases, complete the content with a summary of what you gleaned from studying these elements of human behavior as they relate to management practice within organizations.
Submit a Word.doc attachment using APA style format, including a title page and references page (no abstract is required). NOTE: Do not use macros or automatic referencing in your papers for this course. The auto features usually cause unforeseen problems in format. The file name of your paper should be presented in the following manner: Last name–truncated Week Number-Assignment name (abbreviated if necessary)
For example: Smith-Wk06- Human Behavior Case Study Analysis
When you upload your paper, also upload pdfs of BOTH case studies, so the professor can check your analysis as needed.
Use the following outline in your written summary:
1. Identify the business problems of each of the cases
2. Rank-order the critical issues stated in the cases
3. Evaluate the proposed solutions. Are the solutions valid? Why or why not?
4. Submit recommendations you propose beyond what is already stated in the cases.
5. State how the solutions will be communicated in each case. Do you agree? Why or why not?
6. At the end of the paper, express the takeaways/benefits of studying these components of human behavior in management practice.
Please note that this week you should upload three items into the same assignment area: your paper (.doc), PLUS the two case studies (each as a .pdf) upon which your work is based.
Human Behavior in Business
The business environment is constantly changing and the business managers have to be on their heels trying to keep with the changes. The linkages between the various cultures in the global market are growing and it has a fundamental impact on business operations. Human behavior is one of the aspects that the managers have to make sure that they not only control but they understand before they have the ability to manage. All the aspect of business operation are greatly affected by human behavior, from the way the vision is communicated and implemented to the way that conflicts are resolved among the staffs. As such human behavior much like the elements of human resources plays a subtle role in business success and growth.
In the research article titled Critical Review of Collaborative Working in ConstructionProjects: Business Environment and Human Behaviors, authored by Xue, Shen and Ren, the aspects of collaborative working with respect to human behavior and business environment is brought out with vivid analysis (Xue, et al 2010). One of the aspects that affect collaborative working is the human behavior element especially where the performance is concerned within the construction industry.According to this article the construction industry is highly fragmented especially along the construction project phases. There are a lot of players along the various phases and collaborative working would really improve the performance.Due to the fragmentation of the processes, every other member on the chain is concerned about their successes ignoring the need to work together and deliver. As a result most of the projects tend to be unproductive and low on competitiveness. These are critical issues discussed in this case studyrelative to the ...
- Strategy Planning: Realistic Strategy and Development Plan Description: The global business strategy is necessary during expansion into new markets, since the businesses may be faced with new challenges...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Porter Novelli or Southern Company Case StudyDescription: Critique the components of your talent management strategy and suggest alternative ways to achieve effective results...5 pages/≈1375 words | 7 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Mahindra and Mahindra: An Emerging Global Giant?Description: Although M&M were familiar in international operations having operated in international markets, finding a market for their SUVs in the United States was bound to be challenging...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |