Ethical dilemma- Offering clients lower-quality products for higher profits. (Essay Sample)
Students will identify and research an ethical situation/dilemma/case that relates to business. Students may choose to research an ethical issue related to the field that they are studying.
The paper should be 7-10 pages double spaced. The page count does not include your references pages. Use the APA writing and citation style.
Ethical dilemma- Offering clients lower-quality products for higher profits.
A business organization torn between the decision of selling lower-quality products and making profits can face significant challenges in solving the dilemma. However, business ethics demand the firm makes the morally right decision regardless of the underlying impacts. What would yield worse results? Offering a client the wrong product and making profits or discarding the commodity and incurring a loss? Investors must come to terms with the fact that business is not a one-time operation thing but a long-term setting that requires loyalty with all stakeholders, including customers. The employer and employees should also maintain ethics in ensuring transparency in the implementation of activities carried out in the business. The ethical dilemma in offering a client worse product to make profits requires great knowledge during the execution of the ultimate decision to ensure that the final decision hurts neither the business nor the client. Although the company might not have a straight forward solution to the issue, using ethics standards can help lead to a better decision. However, Trevino & Nelson (2016) argue that the world may need another text on business ethics morals since most forms violate the already stipulated ideas. Hence, solving the ethical dilemma may require more research on the appropriate ethics than anticipated to ensure efficacy.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to ethical dilemma:
- Organizational Ethics and CSR. Business & Marketing EssayDescription: I tend to concur with Terri's notion that the Lockheed ethics program has not done enough to ensure the prevention of ethical violations at the organization’s highest management levels....3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Individual Article #1. Business & Marketing CourseworkDescription: The article Ethical Consumerism Isn’t Dead, It Just Needs Better Marketing by Julie Irwin offers details of how ethical consumerism could still be revived. ...1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Business & Marketing | Coursework |
- Exercise 3.3:Case Analysis Ethical, legal,or values issues in the caseDescription: In the case involving Anna, an intern at a crisis center for abused children in the department of human services, various ethical and values issues emerge. ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |