1 page/≈275 words
Business & Marketing
BE Unit III Assessment 1 of 2 (Essay Sample)
Prospective employers can conduct a credit check along with a background check to determine employment eligibility. Do you feel this is good business practice or an invasion of privacy? Justify your answer with at least three reasons source..
BE UNIT III ASSESSMENT 1 OF 2
BE UNIT III ASSESSMENT 1 OF 2
Research shows that over 60 percent of employers use credit checks and over 92 percent of employers rely on criminal histories in order to screen job applicants. Though many people might belief that checking on applicant`s historical background would be violating their rights, therefore, according to the federal laws employers must take precautions to ensure that they do not violate applicant`s rights. Conducting a credit check along with a background check to determine employment eligibility is therefore a valuable way for many employers as it helps employers discover information about their potential employers. This becomes relevant as this information would help the employee be a good fit to a given position in the company. Also relying on credit checks and background checks of employees would also help employers determine whether the applicant is qualified for the position or not. This helps the employer in choosing the right candidate to run a certain position of the company with competency and integrity. Conducting a credit check along with a background check to determine employment eligibility is also helps employers protect itself from potential liability associated with negligent hiring, as well as negligent retention claims when running the company (Thoreau, 2008).
Hence as part of the application process in a company, it is essential for the employer to gather relevant information from the applicant`s prospective current as well as former employers. According to the federal law, it is also required for the employer not to disclose any information about the employee. If any employer discloses any information about the applicant, the company should be liable to facing the law since it will be violating the applicants rights (Federal Trade Commission 2013).
Conducting a credit check along with a background check to determine employment eligibility would help indivi...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- BE Unit II Assessment 2 of 2Description: Undergraduate writing level 1 page Business and Marketing Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. BE Unit II Assessment 2 of 2...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- BE Unit II Assessment 1 of 2Description: Undergraduate writing level 1 page Business and Marketing Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. BE Unit II Assessment 1 of 2...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- BE Unit I Assessment Description: Undergraduate writing level 1 page Business and Marketing Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. BE Unit I Assessment ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |