Advertisement for a Restaurant Manager (Essay Sample)
We have to write an essay for the Human Resource ,Its about recruiting a middle management for our hotel its placed in the city of London . 1-I have to write a job description for the chosen position and I chose a "Restaurant Manager" 2- Write a person specification for the chosen person 3- create a selection procedure for this position justifying why you have chosen this procedure ... I would like some references from the books please .source..
Advertisement for a Restaurant Manager
Advertisement for a Restaurant Manager
Imperial Hotel is a 3-Star Hotel located in the heart of London city. We are looking for a qualified person to fill the position of Restaurant Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the hotel, whilst maintaining its good reputation by promoting ethical values. To achieve these goals, the Restaurant Manager will ensure that he maintains high standards of service, food, and health safety. The successful candidate will perform the following specific functions.
* Assume responsibility for the profitable performance of the business
* Plan and analyze the restaurant's sales and profitability levels.
* Organize promotional events and other marketing activities.
* Prepare weekly sales records, food supplies control records, and staff management records.
* Initiate, plan, and manage human resource development by hiring competent staff to various positions.
* Setting budget estimates in consultation with the hotel's senior management.
* Plan and coordinate daily menus, estimate daily food quantities, beverages, and other supplies to be procured.
* Maintaining good relationships with clients and other employees.
* Scheduling staff working hours, shifts and other activities relevant for the effective running of the restaurant.
* Evaluating and promoting safety and health practices in accordance with the standards set by the UK government's health department.
* Making decisions and solving conflicts related to menu planning and employees.
* Monitor food quality, preparation, and serving procedures
* Monitor and maintain food hygiene, clean food preparation environment and methods, and hygiene among the staff.
* Implementing ideas and creative products
* Inspecting food deliveries and food handling equipment
* Monitoring and overseeing supply purchases
* Checking and ensuring the quality of fresh food supplies.
Preparing and tacking staff payroll, paying hotel bills, and keeping book records.
Guiding, training, and directing hotel staff.
Motivating the staff and reinforcing a good work ethic
Preparing small cash drawers and giving out petty cash as needed.
Responding to and resolving complaints from customers and ensuring their needs are met.
Responding to any emergency events as they may arise.
Relevant Skills and Requirements
To guarantee efficient and effective delivery of the functions and services outlined above, the ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications.
Supervision and human resource management skills: the Restaurant Manager will be responsible for...
- Brainstorming (HRUnitIII-2 of 2) Description: Brainstorming HRUnitIII-2 of 2. Describe the nature, development, and consequences of self-esteem Business and Marketing Essay...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Company and Environment (HRUnitVII-2 of 2)Description: Company and Environment HRUnitVII-2 of 2 Business and Marketing Essay...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Extreme Jobs (HRUnitVIII-2 of 2)Description: Extreme Jobs HRUnitVIII-2 of 2. Explain the symptoms and consequences of stress, including burnout. Business and Marketing Essay...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |