BIO 101 Case 3 Assignment: Principles of Taxonomy (Essay Sample)
Characteristics of organisms in the 6 major kingdoms:
DiVenere, Vic (2011) The Diversity of Life. Accessed February 25, 2014, at: http://www(dot)columbia(dot)edu/~vjd1/divers_life.htm
Principles of taxonomy and classification:
Dirnberger, Joseph (n.d.) Phylogeny and Systematics. Accessed February 25, 2014 http://science(dot)kennesaw(dot)edu/~jdirnber/Bio2108/Lecture/LecPhylogeny/LecPhylogeny.html
Variety of plant life forms:
Farabee, MJ (2004) Biological Diversity Nonvascular Plants and Nonseed Vascular Plants. Accessed February 25, 2014 at http://www2(dot)estrellamountain(dot)edu/faculty/farabee/BIOBK/BioBookDiversity_5.html
Variety of animal life forms:
Farabee, MJ (2004) Biological Diversity : Animals I. Accessed February 25, 2014, at: http://www2(dot)estrellamountain(dot)edu/faculty/farabee/BIOBK/BioBookDiversity_7.html
Types of vertebrates and their organ systems:
Kimball, John (2011) The Vertebrates. Accessed February 25, 2014,source..
- List the Kingdom and Phylum, for the sea squirt and then briefly describe the characteristics that determine the organism's classification at each taxonomic level.
- They are eukaryotic
- They do not make their own food and depends on the other organisms for food (depend on animals and plants)
- Their habitat is the sea
- There are multicellular
- They have the ability to move
- Why is the sea squirt classified in the same phylum as a sea otter?
- Cell Chemistry: Medical Examiner And Analyze A CaseDescription: In its most general definition, Cellular respiration is a series of metabolic processes which transform nutrients into energy, that makes life possible....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Essay |
- Womb Cancer Research: Uterine Or Endometrial CancerDescription: Essay should cover introduction, causes of cancer, symptoms of cancer, treatment, how to prevent/reduce cancer rate and some references. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Essay |
- Evolution Research Assignment Paper: Origins Of LifeDescription: In biology, evolution refers to changes in the heritable traits of living organisms over successive generations....3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Essay |