1 page/≈550 words
Biological & Biomedical Sciences
Describe what is Cholesterol: The Role Plays in the Body (Essay Sample)
Cholesterol Describe what is Cholesterol, the role plays in the body and different types of Cholesterol. what chemical difference made 2 main different types? Is there have bad Cholesterol?source..
Cholesterol refers to a waxy substance that is found in the blood plasma, as well as all animal tissues. Chemically, cholesterol denotes an organic molecule or compound that is classified in the steroid family. The molecular formula of cholesterol is C27H46O. In the pure state, it is perceived as an odorless and tasteless crystalline material (Silva, 2013). This is a substance that comes from two sources, and that is from the body and the food humans consume. The liver makes cholesterol that the body requires and circulates via the blood while food sources such as meat and full-fat dairy products contain cholesterol.
Cholesterol plays a significant role in ensuring that vital biochemical processes in the body are preserved. In this way, it is responsible for transporting lipid among other crucial fats around the body and in so doing ensures the defense and immunity mechanisms of the body (Silva, 2013). It plays an essential part in the creation and conservation of the human cell membrane by depositing phospholipids on the both sides of these cell membranes. In this way, it ensures the rigidity, stability, and the preservation of the cell structure. Cholesterol also hinders the crystallization of the fatty acids by enabling ideal temperature suitable for maintaining the fluidity of the membranes while also avoiding the buildup of the phospholipids within the cell membrane (Silva, 2013). Cholesterol also allows the right synthesis of the neurotransmitters that allow the transmission of nerve impulses using the neurons. It produces the bile acids that play a huge role in promoting digestion, as well as vitamin absorption. Further, cholesterol plays a role...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to animal right:
- History: Strange and Rare Items that were new to EnglandDescription: Significance of depicting a map of the world, including the New World, in the shape of heart? What message did artist of the fool's cap map wish to communicate?...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | History | Other (Not Listed) |
- Speech Presentation Writing: Examining CockfightingDescription: Cock-fighting involved a battle to the death between two well trained, well-fed, and well-cared cocks by their passionate owners. ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Speech Presentation |
- Describe the Use of Animals for Sports and EntertainmentDescription: The use of animals for entertainment has been a practice done for over twenty centuries dating back to the time of the gladiator and the coliseum...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Speech Presentation |