Critique of Music Visual & Performing Arts Essay Paper (Essay Sample)
1. Experience one of the following - remember, you are required to critique each of the genres throughout the semester. (You may do them in any order) You MUST experience the art, music, and theatre THIS semester.Film must be seen in a movie theatre,
- Art Show - gallery or art museum exhibit. Painting, Photography, Sculpture, etc. You may focus on one work or multiple works. Not a history or natural science museum.
- Music - a live music performance, Concert, recital, etc. Vocal, instrumental, combination. Classical, contemporary, religious, any form.
- Theatre Performance - a play or film. Must have characters and plot. Must be with a live audience. Do not give plot summaries. No lip sync contest. No stand-up comedy.
2. Write the critique of the art including all aspects listed below - 2-3 pages Word document.
Heading of the Paper
- Your name
- The genre (Art, Music, or Theatre)
- Where you experienced it
- When you experience it
- What was it (specific title of work, concert, etc.)
- Evaluation of your experience of the event.
- Why do you respond the way you do?
- Use what you have learned about criticism.
Critique of Music
Critique of Music
On 23rd, January 2020, I attended a live musical performance at the Carnegie Hall, New York City. The legendary reggae artist Alpha Blondy was the guest performer. Everyone was seated by 7 pm, although would perform some minutes past midnight. Before Blondy came to the stage, the audience had been entertained by various artists who were curtain-raising for him. The concert was themed “Spreading Love and Unity through Reggae Music.” It is an annual event that takes place in various parts of the world (Brown, 2019). The hall had a seating capacity of 10, 000 and was already filled by 6 pm. The room was well lit, and when the show began, lights were put off, save for the stage that was immersed in floodlights. Acoustics has been set, and everything was in place for the show.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Analysis of the Prayer Bead Carving. Visual & Performing Arts EssayDescription: I recently had the privilege of visiting the Thompson Gallery that is situated on the main floor of the Art Gallery of Ontario, Toronto. There were several exquisite pieces of art but there was one in particular that caught my eye....3 pages/≈825 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Essay on the Apu Trilogy. Visual & Performing Arts EssayDescription: Satyajit Ray's three films, Pather Panchali (1955), Aparajito (1956) and The World of Apu (1959), are collectively known as The Apu Trilogy. These films have been established classics in the cinema world....3 pages/≈825 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- The Critic’s Choice. Visual & Performing Arts CourseworkDescription: The Night Café is a painting by Vincent Van Gogh depicting the interior of a café room. According to VincentVanGogh.org, the painting was done on an industrially primed canvas using oil-based paints. ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Visual & Performing Arts | Coursework |