Accounting Ethics Dilemma's. Accounting, Finance, SPSS Essay (Essay Sample)
A CPA has been engaged by a client to perform an audit in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards. The CPA has also been asked by the client to recruit and hire a chief accounting officer for a new branch location.
A CPA has a client who owes the CPA’s firm $15,000 for accounting services performed approximately eighteen months ago. At the conclusion of the current audit, the CPA is considering issuing the client an unqualified opinion inasmuch as the CPA has conducted the audit in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
For each dilemma, address the following:
1) Indicate how you would resolve the dilemma. Be specific and respond with logic and reason.
2) Support your conclusion by referencing specific principles and rules from the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
Accounting Ethics Dilemma
A client has hired a CPA to perform audits according to the generally accepted auditing standards. One of the core responsibilities of the CPA is to employ a chief accounting officer for the new branch. In this case, the issue is how to recruit the right chief auditing officer and how to make the wise decision, and the ethical concern is whether the CPA should provide his services to a private client or not. In case the CPA is going to accept the job offer, he should take into account the standards maintained by his employer and need not favor anyone or go with the quota system.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to ethics essays:
- Ethics and Leadership homework Management CourseworkDescription: My best small-group experience was working on project proposal, which would increase sales in a small business as there was balanced participation, open communication and sharing information on what had been achieved and the way forward. My worst was working with a group leader...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Management | Coursework |
- The Concepts of CAF Ethics in a Military Setting Social Sciences EssayDescription: Cpt. Semrau was doing patrol in Helmand Province on the morning of Oct. 19, 2008, with his unit and other ANA soldiers when they found a man fatally wounded after he was shot down by US Apache Helicopter. Upon seeing the man, Cpt. Semrau administered ‘mercy killing’ by shooting him...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Ethics and Moral Development Writing Assignment Description: In preparing for this discussion, you should first review the Week 2 required resources that focus on ethics and morals. This will help assist you in examining your own development of ethical and moral responsibilities....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |