Introduction to psyhology Literature & Language Coursework (Coursework Sample)
Chapter 3- Personal Application Questions
Page 110, Questions # 30,31,32,33, and 34 30 pts
Please answer the following chapters personal application questions in detail:
Chapter 4-Personal Application Questions
Page # 147, Question# 39,40,41,42,43, 30 pts
Chapter 5- Personal Application Questions
Page #183, Questions # 39,40,41,42,43,44
Author of the book is Author Rosie m. Spellman
its on line
Chapter 4 questions39. What do you do to adjust to the differences in your daily schedule throughout the week? Are you running a sleep debt when daylight saving time begins or ends?
40. Have you (or someone you know) ever experienced significant periods of sleep deprivationbecauseof simple insomnia, high levels of stress, or as a side effect from a medication? What were the consequences of missing out on sleep?
41. Researchers believe that one important function of sleep is to facilitate learning and memory. How does knowing this help you in your college studies? What changes could you make to your study and sleep habits to maximize your mastery of the material covered in class?
42. What factors might contribute to your own experiences with insomnia?
43. Many people experiment with some sort of psychoactive substance at some point in their lives. Why do you think people are motivated to use substances that alter consciousness?
Chapter 5 questions
39. Think about a time when you failed to notice something around you because your attention was focused elsewhere. If someone pointed it out, were you surprised that you hadn’t noticed it right away?
40. Ifyougrewupwithafamilypet,thenyouhavesurelynoticedthattheyoftenseemtohearthingsthat youdon’thear.Nowthatyou’vereadthissection,youprobablyhavesomeinsightastowhythismaybe. How would you explain this to a friend who never had the opportunity to take a class like this?
41. Take a look at a few of your photos or personal works of art. Can you find examples of linear perspective as a potential depth cue?
42. If you had to choose to lose either your vision or your hearing, which would you choose and why?
43. As mentioned earlier, a food’s flavor represents an interaction of both gustatory and olfactory information.Thinkaboutthelasttimeyouwereseriouslycongestedduetoacoldortheflu.Whatchanges did you notice in the flavors of the foods that you ate during this time?
44. Haveyoueverlistenedtoasongontheradioandsungalongonlytofindoutlaterthatyouhavebeen singing the wrong lyrics? Once you found the correct lyrics, did your perception of the song change?
PaAfter watching the video,please discuss about how you could use your brain to find your way?
Srt of question 5
39. Usually when daylight saving time begins, I unconsciously have a sleep debt, but with the gradual change of the timing of the day and the night, my body is able to adjust also gradually. I do however notice that my sleep patterns are not regular due to the presence of internet and mobile devices where I spend most of my time reading educational and interesting articles.
40. I have personally experienced periods of sleep deprivation wherein I am always tired in the day, and insomniac at night. I would spend my time lying on the bed, feeling tired but not able to sleep due to anxiety and stress. This anxiety and stress stems from academic pressures, relationships with family and peers, and existential questions about my soul and the universe. Missing out on sleep caused me to have low attention span and inability to focus and complete tasks. I had trouble with coherent and logical thinking but nevertheless, I am able to perform as a functional human being, but with impaired movements, and a little bit slow thinking.
41. Knowing the importance of sleep can assist me in the way that I would know that it is my responsibility when to get rest. I must set boundaries for myself wherein I will be able to balance my activity with my sleep so that I can maximize my productivity. I know now that for events that require sharp memory and thinking ability, I must rest and gain all the mental energy I need through sleep. I must adjust my sleeping patterns, such that I should discourage myself from distractions that hinder myself from sleeping early.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to language essays:
- Assignment 9 Watergate Literature & Language EssayDescription: Yes, I had heard about Watergate before listening to the podcast. Watergate was a political scandal in the 1970s that marred the second term of President Richard Nixon. The scandal started with five men breaking into the Democratic National Committee headquartered at the Watergate complex office...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Reading Responses. Rock Hudson’s Body. Literature & Language EssayDescription: Meyer describes Rock Hudson as a lovable yet desexualized masculine man who displayed kindness and a likeable male demeanor during his time. The media created an illusion of an almost unattainable male figure, that women wanted and men envied (260, 282). Despite his masculinity...1 page/≈550 words | No Sources | Chicago | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Children Should Learn Through One Public LanguageDescription: Rodriguez argues that children should learn through one public language, which is English instead of utilizing private languages such as Spanish....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |