Banning the Sale of Tobacco Research Assignment (Coursework Sample)
Assume that your local municipality is considering the passage of a law that would prohibit the sale of all tobacco products from the interiors of bars and restaurants but not grocery stores. The restaurant you manage has a cocktail lounge, and cigarettes are both consumed and sold in that section of your restaurant. There is no current effort to prohibit smoking in cocktail lounges, such as the one you operate. You are considering whether to address the local government body charged with creating such legislation:
1. What are the major considerations you will think about before you decide to support or oppose the proposed legislation?
2. Will the fact that you do or do not smoke influence your position?
3. Which ethical issues are in play here?
Banning the Sale of Tobacco
Some of the considerations that I will think about is the amount of profit that the sale of tobacco and its products brings to the cocktail lounge. A well, I will think about the future of the individuals who will lose their jobs as a result of implementing the legislation. However, the health of the customers is the most important thing in this case and therefore, I will choose to inform the authorities.
In addition, the fact that I don't smoke will not affect my decisions. I care about the health of my custome
- OMAR YASMIN'S BIOGRAPHYDescription: Literature and Language Coursework: OMAR YASMIN'S BIOGRAPHY...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | Other | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Comparison Of The Essays' Outline: Oring & America Zombie GothicDescription: The stories are more of myth, though according to Devos people have been made to believe the stories are true. The similarities in the two stories are that the legends and the zombies have been made real and popular....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | Other | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Banning the Sale of Tobacco Research AssignmentDescription: What are the major considerations you will think about before you decide to support or oppose the proposed legislation? Will the fact that you do or do not smoke influence your position?...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | Other | Literature & Language | Coursework |