Banning the Sale of Tobacco Research Assignment (Coursework Sample)
Assume that your local municipality is considering the passage of a law that would prohibit the sale of all tobacco products from the interiors of bars and restaurants but not grocery stores. The restaurant you manage has a cocktail lounge, and cigarettes are both consumed and sold in that section of your restaurant. There is no current effort to prohibit smoking in cocktail lounges, such as the one you operate. You are considering whether to address the local government body charged with creating such legislation:
1. What are the major considerations you will think about before you decide to support or oppose the proposed legislation?
2. Will the fact that you do or do not smoke influence your position?
3. Which ethical issues are in play here?
Banning the Sale of Tobacco
Some of the considerations that I will think about is the amount of profit that the sale of tobacco and its products brings to the cocktail lounge. A well, I will think about the future of the individuals who will lose their jobs as a result of implementing the legislation. However, the health of the customers is the most important thing in this case and therefore, I will choose to inform the authorities.
In addition, the fact that I don't smoke will not affect my decisions. I care about the health of my custome
- Interpretation: Topic, Goal, Theme, Objective ExerciseDescription: Answer 12 questions in short answer and it doesn't need to be a complete sentence. There will be explanation paper about this assignment to help you get through this assignment....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | Other | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Critical Methods AssessmentDescription: Undergraduate Coursework: Critical Methods Assessment...4 pages/≈1100 words | 15 Sources | Other | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Famous People and the Profession of Interpretation CourseworkDescription: Being an army general in the American Civil War, Ulysses S Grant was then elected as the 18th president of the United States. Drawing from his experiences during the war, he recognized how the war could affect our environment....3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | Other | Literature & Language | Coursework |