Scholarly Activities: Good Samaritan Medical Center on 10th July 2019 (Coursework Sample)
Throughout the RN-to-BSN program, students are required to participate in scholarly activities outside of clinical practice or professional practice. Examples of scholarly activities include attending conferences, seminars, journal club, grand rounds, morbidity and mortality meetings, interdisciplinary committees, quality improvement committees, and any other opportunities available at your site, within your community, or nationally.
You are required to post one scholarly activity while you are in the BSN program, which should be documented by the end of this course. In addition to this submission, you are required to be involved and contribute to interdisciplinary initiatives on a regular basis.
Submit, as the assignment, a summary report of the scholarly activity, including who, what, where, when and any relevant take-home points. Include the appropriate program competencies associated with the scholarly activity as well as future professional goals related to this activity. You may use the "Scholarly Activity Summary" resource to help guide this assignment.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines
I attended a quality improvement committee that was held at Good Samaritan Medical Center on 10th July 2019. The meeting aimed at the creation of a conducive work environment in the hospital since a substantial number of nurses had resigned their job pointing out claims of an inconducive work environment. It was also targeting the reliability of new medical practitioners that the hospital intended to hire in replacement of the outgoing employees. The meeting was attended by the hospital’s top management individuals and a few employees and voluntary workers. This activity was a benefit to me because I would get an oversight of the challenges that I expect to face in my future work environment. Based on the solutions provided, then it would be easy for me to maneuver such work place challenges. As well, the meeting was also beneficial since it would contribute important information to my capstone project topic of workplace violence.
* The hospital has been experiencing numerous medication errors which result from an inconducive work environment. This is common in the case of novice nurses, whereby they are forced into performing procedures that they should be performing under the supervision of a senior nurse. As a result, they end up working under pressure and overloaded hence making it difficult for them to provide quality healthcare to the patients.
* violence has also been experienced among other workers, such as sexual assaults. Health workers require a conducive work environment for them to be able to accord the best quality healthcare to their patients. This has been made a difficult task in the hospital whereby violence is the order of the day.
* Workplace violence results in mental and physical trauma among the involved nurses. The impact is not only felt by the affected nurses but also by the patients and the entire organization.
* Some nurses have been reported to change their workplaces as a result of such violence. In addition, the violence does not only occur from the managers to the subordinates but also occurs horizontally between nurses.
* If these issues are not addressed effectively, the quality of healthcare provided to the patients will reduce. Therefore, this is a huge problem that needed to be solved because it affects the quality of healthcare provided to patients as well as the well-being of the medical practitioners.
A nurse would be able to cope with different work environment after participating in this scholarly activity. The activity pointed out each of the problems that other nurses are
- Ecology Lab (Coursework)Description: Before completing this exercise, had you ever heard of the species that you picked? Health and Medicine Coursework...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | Other | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Pharmaceuticals: Explain What Medical Arms Race Means Description: Thoughts on resolving the conundrum between high drug prices in the U.S on current drugs and the development of future live-saving drugs?...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | Other | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Health Economics Use Technology To Provide Convenient ServicesDescription: Physicians strive to differentiate themselves from others in order to attain more consumers and higher prices. Can you think of some differentiation tactics?...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | Other | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |