Benchmark Professional Capstone and Practicum Reflective Journal (Coursework Sample)
I have already started this but I cannot finish it. I will add what I have. If you could do this journal, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for all your help!
Students are required to maintain weekly reflective narratives throughout the course to combine into one course-long reflective journal that integrates leadership and inquiry into current practice as it applies to the Professional Capstone and Practicum course.
In your journal, you will reflect on the personal knowledge and skills gained throughout this course. The journal should address a variable combination of the following, depending on your specific practice immersion clinical experiences:
New practice approaches
Health care delivery and clinical systems
Ethical considerations in health care
Population health concerns
The role of technology in improving health care outcomes
Leadership and economic models
Students will outline what they have discovered about their professional practice, personal strengths and weaknesses that surfaced, additional resources and abilities that could be introduced to a given situation to influence optimal outcomes, and finally, how the student met the competencies aligned to this course.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines
Journal Entries Outline
Week 1: New practice approaches
Week 2:Intraproffesional collaboration
Week 3:Health care delivery and clinical systems
Week 4:Ethical considerations in health care
Week 5:Population health concerns
Week 6:The role of technology in improving health care outcomes
Week 7:Health policy
Week 8:Leadership and economic models
Week 9:Health disparities
I have been looking forward to this class for two years because I knew that it would mean that last class before I get my BSN! Fast forward to today, and now my life is completely different from the addition of a 6-month-old! It is so daunting to think about all the hours of research that I will have to be doing while juggling to take care of my son. I have decided that the best is to view the research time as time away from home and as if I was going into a classroom.
The plan is to meet up with my mentor as many times as possible during the week for short periods. If I can accomplish a little bit every day, I will be able to get things done without too much stress. The first week is all about a game plan. Organizing my ideas and setting dates to try to stick by throughout the course is key. Another important organization tool is to look over everything that has to be accomplished and read through the instructions. Doing this gave me a better idea of the overall assignments due in this course and how they all relate to another.
What I plan to do to stay organized is to continue to create outlines of my ideas and continue to work on the content of each outline. This will help me so that I stay on topic as well as save time by not derailing my point of view. Outlines help to simplify our big ideas and allow for the easier breakdown of information. This should help me get my assignments done weekly and stay on track with this long and intense class.
Week 2: Intraproffesional collaboration
I plan to meet up with my mentor for as many times as possible to discuss my topic of workplace violence. This is an act that has been bothering medical practitioners in various hospitals, and I believe that something needs to be done to ensure that workers have a conducive work environment. I will also get ideas from my classmates on what they thing about the topic and the possible solutions that should be implemented.
Commencing the project will require me to carry out an intensive research to ensure that I come up with credible sources that will guide me up to the end of the project. I also plan to get views from individuals in different professions such as management in order to create applicable solutions to the issue of workplace violence. The issue is not much related to the nursing profession but rather an obligation for managers. However, my setting involves hospitals and hence, the project will require an insight from both the medical field and the management filed.
I have planned to collect information from a few employees in a neighboring hospital about their view on workplace violence. I believe that this information will be very helpful to my project because I have never experienced workplace violence. I will need first-hand information to get to understand how it is to work in a violent environment. I will also get to talk to a few patients about their experience in the hospital.
Week 3: Health care delivery and clinical systems
The current clinical systems advocate for medical practitioners to provide the best healthcare to their patients. However, this has become a challenge due to the issue of workplace violence. Workplace violence is o...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Complete these Questions for Peer Reviewers: BioethicsDescription: Going through the essay, Kasey’s case is the main strength of the essay. Also, the quoted principles form strengths for the essay. Moreover, the thesis statement is strength of the essay, it is clear and prepares the reader on what to expect in the essay. This is well done....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | Other | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Way Communication Nursing Leaders QuestionsDescription: 1 How do you keep your followers engaged in their work? 2 How do ensure there is both way communication from the top to bottom and bottom to top? 3 When you notice laxity or behavior change, how do you encourage your team?...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | Other | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Leadership: Leader Have To Walk the TalkDescription: How did affect the leader's ability to be an effective leader? How did it change how you personally felt about that leader? Do you feel that leaders who have lost their "authenticity" can ever regain the trust of their followers? ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | Other | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |