Arts 1510 Documentary: The Founding Of The Bauhaus (Coursework Sample)
Use the book "Making Art FORM AND MEANING" to answer the questions. the question and the resource will be uploadsource..
PORTFOLIO ENTRY 1
1 The founding of the BAUHAUS
* When and where was the Bauhaus founded?
Founded in 1919 in Weimar
* By whom?
* With which intentions?
To teach fine arts and crafts
* Which historical facts influenced the founder's thinking?
To founders, manufacturing and creativity were drifting apart and they wanted to use art to bring them together
* What were his ideas about the art school as expressed in the manifesto?
The idea was to use art and craft to promote problem solving for modern “industrial society”.
* How was the school funded?
The were initially funded by “Thuringian state parliament”
2 Art education
1 How were students educated?
They were educated in arts of design
2 In which subjects?
Architecture, Fine art, industrial design, graphic design, typography, interior design,
3 What were major innovations?
Cradle, Bauhaus lamp, Wassily chair, Nesting tables, Tabular steel, Road signs, Buildings, and furniture
4 Which innovations can we still se at art school nowadays?
Buildings, Furniture, Architecture, and road signs.
5 Why did theatre gain such a central position at the Bauhaus?
- Compensation and Benefit Systems: setting the stage for compensationDescription: Undergraduate writing level 1 page Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Coursework. Compensation and Benefit Systems setting the stage for compensation...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Compensation and Benefit Systems: recognize individual contributionsDescription: Undergraduate writing level 1 page Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Coursework. Compensation and Benefit Systems recognize individual contributions...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Critical thinkingDescription: Undergraduate writing level 1 page Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Coursework. Critical thinking...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |