Corporal Punishment In School Systems: Agree Or Disagree (Coursework Sample)
Carefully review the following quote and write your response by answering the following questions in the form of a paragraph(s):
"Corporal punishment should be implemented in all school systems."
1. Do you agree or disagree with the quote?
2. Why do you agree or disagree?
3. What proof do you have to support your viewpoint?
You will want to support your opinion by using citations from researching and using stories that support your opinion.
“Corporal Punishment Should Be Implemented In All School Systems”
Corporal or physical punishment in school systems represents one of the most controversial and emotive topics for many students, teachers, parents, and the public. The arguments in support and against corporal punishment revolve around the practicalities and morality of using it in instilling discipline among students. While the federal government does not list corporal punishment as part of initiatives to improve discipline in schools, many Southern states in the United States legalize corporal punishment in schools (Gershoff and Font 1). Since corporal punishment is a physical and psychological abuse against the children, and the form of discipline only tends to fix behavioral issues in the short term, I disagree that such a practice should not be implemented in all school systems and alternative strategies need to be pursued to instill discipline in schools.
Corporal punishment is a form of physica
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to legalize marijuana:
- The Legalization Of Marijuana: Identify Your PositionDescription: You must choose a side to argue either in support of (DEFENSE) or against (OPPOSITION) regarding the issue at hand. Clearly identify your position within the first one to two paragraphs. (10 points) ...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | MLA | Law | Essay |
- Legalization of Marijuana in the United StatesDescription: Legalizing marijuana use would ensure that people who feel that it is right to consume marijuana are not denied that right and those who feel that it is wrong do not project their opinion on others....3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | MLA | Law | Essay |
- Reflective Analytical Essay on Literature TextsDescription: Literature often opens up your mind to real-world experiences. Authors recognize the fact that it is important to make their pieces to reflect the real-life situation to ensure the relevance of their content....6 pages/≈1650 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |