Subject: Supply Chain Management Topic: Exam I Part II. (Coursework Sample)
PENN STATE UNIVERSITY ABINGTON
Subject: Supply Chain Management Topic: Exam I Part II
PLEASE ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS, EACH IS WORTH 5 POINTS.
*****PENALTY FOR UNTYPED ANSWERS: (-20 POINTS).
*****PENALTY FOR EVIDENCE OF TEAM ANSWERS: (-50 POINTS)
1. Compare and contrast anticipatory and responsive business models. Why has responsiveness become popular in supply chain strategy and collaboration?
2. Discuss how blockchain and tracking systems provides value to a firm’s customers.
3. Discuss the fundamental similarities and differences between procurement, manufacturing support, and customer accommodation performance cycle as they relate to logistical control.
4. Explain the differences between transactional and relationship marketing. How do these differences lead to increasing emphasis on logistical performance in supply chain management?
5. CPFR has been shown to improve forecasting accuracy for manufacturers. What are the major challenges associated with using CPFR? Given the demonstrated benefits, discuss when CPFR should or should not be used by a firm?
6. Why would a company’s cost of manufacturing and procurement tend to increase as the firm changes from an MTP to an MTO Strategy? Why would inventory costs tend to decrease?
IMPORT & EXPORT
7. With the help of an example, discuss an Export/Import business.
8. Discuss Globalization including the pros and cons.
9. How does the U.S. government support its citizens in the export business?
10. What are the requirements for importing into the United States? Briefly discuss.
TIME DUE: 12:00 MIDNIGHT DATE: 2/17/2020
PENALTY FOR LATENESS: -10 POINTS
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>GOOD LUCK!!<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>SCM 301 EXAMS I PART I REVIEW MATERIALS
Textbook: Supply Chain Logistics Management 5e
Location Day Time EXAM DATE
Sutherland Room 305 Monday 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm 2/17/2020
QUESTIONS PAGES CHAPTERS
1. 6 12. 9 13. 11-12 14. 13 15. 16 16. 24-25 27. 24-25 28. 30 29. 31 210. 32 211. 38 312. 38-39 313. 41-42 314. 54-55 315. 55-56 316. 65 417. 75 418. 80-81 419. 89-90 520. 93-94 521. 104-105 522. 122-123 623. 123 624. 135-136 625. 135-136 6
1 The anticipatory business model is one that requires businesses to predict customer demand because of the lack of information on customer purchasing behavior. This led to businesses to develop wrong forecasts and pile up unwanted inventory.
On the other hand, the responsive business model aims to eradicate any use of forecasts and achieves this by planning and exchanging information quickly with members of the supply chain.
Responsiveness has become popular because it offers a lot of advantages. First, businesses can exclusively customize products on small orders. This is because the customer is no longer a passive participant as the Internet facilitates direct access and communication with the business. Due to the availability of low-cost information, businesses can avoid the high risk and high cost of using forecasts.
2 Blockchain makes it easier and safer for businesses to monitor and track transactions. This is valuable to the customer because their orders are protected and no party can manipulate the system so as to disadvantage the customer. The customer trusts the business more and is therefore at ease. Another advantage is that blockchain protects customers from purchasing counterfeit products. Tracking provides convenience to the customer who is aware of where his order is during shipment.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Week 5 - Monday, February 17, 2020 (GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAINS, AND RACIALIZED LABOR MARKETS..PART. . .Description: Muñoz (2011) focuses on Hacienda California (CA), a factory owned by a Mexican tortilla plant and is located in the United States. Tortillas have a long and rich tradition in indigenous Mexican cultures....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Week 5 - Thursday, February 20, 2020 (GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAINS, AND RACIALIZED LABOR MARKETS..PA. . .Description: In this chapter, Muñoz seeks to demonstrate the central role of the state in the labor process by examining gendered aspects and racialized aspects of state policies in the U.S.-Mexico border region. ...1 page/≈275 words | Other | Management | Essay |
- Week 7 Discussion (Part 2) (Word Document). Management CourseworkDescription: NMCC aims to begin its operations in January 2020. However, for the operations to begin, funds have to be available. The capital that the company needs to begin its operations is $331,550....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Management | Coursework |