Gendered Differences: Effect of Blood Pressure Medication. (Coursework Sample)
Design an experiment
Choose a potential sex difference that you think may exist between men and women, anything you find interesting, and design an experiment to test whether or not that sex difference exists. Your answer should include a statement of your hypothesis, a description the independent variable in your experiment (what it is you're manipulating in your experiment), the dependent variable (what you are measuring), the control group, and a brief description of the how you would perform the experiment.
DO NOT PERFORM THE EXPERIMENT!
Organize your submission using the following headings:
1. Title of Experiment
2. Statement of your hypothesis
3. Description of your independent variable
4. Description of your dependent variable
5. Description of your control group
6. A brief description of how the experiment will be performed
Limit your answer to no more than 300 words (if you can answer the question thoroughly in 100 words, that's fine). You answer should be double-spaced, using a 12-point font with standard margins.
Design an Experiment
1. Title of Experiment
Gendered differences, and the effect of blood pressure medication.2. Statement of your hypothesis
It is hypothesized that the new hypertension drug is effective and the effect may differ between the male and female subjects. As such, the experiment focuses on establishing that the drug effectiveness success rate depends on gender.3. Description of your independent variable
The independent variable is the predictor that influences hypertension, which is the outcome. Using an experimental group and another being given a placebo, the blood pressure medication then is the independent variable. Since both the male and female study participants are given the blood pressure medication or the placebo, and then the type of pill is the one that is changed in the study. 4. Description of your dependent variable
The dependent variable depends and various because of the independent variable. The blood pressure level is the dependent variable in the study. If the blood pressure level is lower either for the male or female subjects after administration of the medication then the outcome is that the drug is effective in reducing high blood pressure.
5. Description of ...
- Gendered Differences: Effect of Blood Pressure Medication.Description: Choose a potential sex difference that you think may exist between men and women, anything you find interesting, and design an experiment to test whether ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Coursework |
- The Epithelial-mesenchymal Transition (EMT), And Asian Giant Hornets (Vespa Mandarinia)Description: The epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) is a major feature of animal development. Describe the events of the EMT, when it occurs and what tissues are affected....4 pages/≈1100 words | 5 Sources | MLA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Coursework |