The Analytical Language of John Wilkins by Jorge Luis Borges. (Coursework Sample)
• Read: The Analytical Language of John Wilkins by Jorge Luis Borges. This is very short, and very strange.
1. Describe in detail what is problematic about the Analytic Language of John Wilkins or in The Celestial Emporium of Benevolent Knowledge (100-200 words)
2. What do you think Borges is trying to communicate about language? (100-150 words).
Make sure to spell all names correctly. Use citations for any quotations. Always introduce or summarize the quotation with your own words.
The Analytical Language of John Wilkins by Jorge Luis Borges
The Celestial Emporium of Benevolent Knowledge by John Wilkins, the problem was that the article was trivial. According to the article, it gives detailed divisions of animals into fourteen categories with names proposed in an order that has alternative taxonomy. According to the classification system used by Wilkins, it encoded descriptions of names that describe itself (Wilkins 103).
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to language essays:
- Imagined Communities Reflection. Literature & Language EssayDescription: Benedict Anderson's book imagined Communities: Reflections on the Origin and Spread of Nationalism was published in 1983. The book points out the concept of imagined communities, as a popular topic in political science....4 pages/≈1100 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Hope in The Marrow Thieves. Literature and Language.Description: The theme of hope is one of the main subject matters in The Marrow Thieves. The saying that hope is the backbone of our survival, and it's the core of our strength is significant and relatable as it relatively summarizes the central message of the fictional novel....2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Story of an Hour Literature & Language Reaction PaperDescription: The Story of an Hour by Kate Chopin is perhaps one of the most exciting stories that involve a bitter twist. It was in this story where the author showed how marriage, love, and death between two people could be entangled in such a way that it brings joy and pain. While reading the article...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Literature & Language | Reaction Paper |