Vulnerable Populations: Child Abuse Social Sciences Coursework (Coursework Sample)
Vulnerable Populations Worksheet
Describe some social problems of vulnerable populations (75-100 words).
Explain how social problems of vulnerable populations have perpetuated or are affected by the social problem you selected on a micro and macro level (200-250 words).
Use the GCU library and identify an actual solution to a social problem (Child Abuse) of vulnerable populations. Summarize the solution you identified and compare it to historical solutions proposed in the past (150-200 words).
Access the “Vulnerable Populations Worksheet” to complete the assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a scoring guide. Please review the “Vulnerable Populations Worksheet” scoring guide prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Vulnerable Populations – Child Abuse
Vulnerable Populations Worksheet
Describe some social problems of vulnerable populations (75-100 words)
Vulnerable populations are made up of ethnic minorities, pregnant women, children, and those who are economically disadvantaged. However, children are the most vulnerable because they don’t have the autonomy to consent to certain practices. Although there are numerous social problems that children experience, child abuse is the most common problem. Child abuse occurs when a guardian or parent causes serious harm to a child by failing to act or through inappropriate actions. In the US, child abuse is prevalent and approximately 700, 000 children are abused every year (Farell et al., 2017).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Legalize marijuana Essays
- Learning styles Essays
- Same sex marriage Essays
- Animal right Essays
- Slavery Essays
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to scientific essays:
- Cystic Fibrosis Biological & Biomedical Sciences EssayDescription: Cystic fibrosis (CF) is a rather inherited disorder that results in severe damage to the digestive system, lungs, as well as other organs in the body. The disorder mainly affects the cells which normally produce sweat, mucus, and digestive juices (Shannon, 2016)....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Essay |
- Relationship between facts and theories Social Sciences CourseworkDescription: When we grow up, we tend to think and behave similarly to the people who spend most of their time around us. The social learning theory suggests that human beings learn by watching others. Albert Bandura suggests that children learn by imitating and copying people around them(Lally and French, 2019)...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Social Sciences | Coursework |
- Intercultural Relationships Paper. Social Sciences EssayDescription: The world is a global village due to ever-advancing technology, and intercultural relationships are inevitable. It is essential to develop ethical relationships with the different cultures for a peaceful course where the cultures can relate well without conflict (Dai & Chen, 2017). ...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |