2 pages/≈550 words
Inequality and Conflict and Social Justice (Coursework Sample)
Gender and Ineguality type of paper:Think pieces Sources: 1. McMullin, Chapter 3 (Text) 2. Goodwin, “Feminism.” In Using Political Ideas (CR) These are short essays which will give you an opportunity to demonstrate that you have read and thought about the assigned readings. Mostly, they are meant to provide you with an opportunity to explore your own ideas on the course material and further enrich your class contributions. Though there is no set formula for a successful think piece, it is essential that you focus on analyzing rather than summarizing readings. For example, you may wish to make analytical links between readings, discuss readings in relation to past or ongoing conflicts, and/or explain why you are for or against an author's particular theory or idea. Each think piece should be 2 double-spaced pages in length (approximately 600 words) source..
INEQUALITY AND CONFLICT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
(January 29, 2012)
Inequality and Conflict and Social Justice
Inequality one of the common vices in the modern 21st century where the oppression in terms of age, sex, race, ethnicity and political affiliations are still common throughout the world. This is a trend which is even worse off in the third world developing countries in the world majorly in Asia and Africa. Income related inequalities and uneven distribution of property have seen a huge gap between the rich and the poor and has accelerated the rate of crime in some areas (Goodwin, 2007). It shows a tremendous regress to social justice as the systems get to favor the well of rather have a system where they rich get richer and poor poorer making it hard for the latter to get out of the misery.
Gender inequality has been seen from time in memorial as seen in religion where in the bible it was not possible for the women to go to the temple or become priest. Their roles were well defined as inferior especially showing that in the books, God is deemed to be male that society leaning to that line. In leadership roles, almost 80% of world leaders are male who often make some laws that oppress the women (Allen, 2006). But since the 18th century there has come up a group of women feminists who have taken up the role of fighting for an equal social status and though some even lost their lives doing that, they have come to be respectable and key figures in the society. These are the likes of Jeanne from France,
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to conflict essays:
- Gender Relation and Conflict Description: Social Sciences Coursework: Gender Relation and Conflict ...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Coursework |
- Gender relations and conflict three main issuesDescription: Social Sciences Coursework: Gender relations and conflict three main issues...1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Coursework |
- Conflict and Symbolic Theories in Development of EducationDescription: Social Sciences Term Paper: Conflict and Symbolic Theories in Development of Education...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Term Paper |