Discussion Board: American History (Coursework Sample)
652: Discussion Board 03 Instructions and Grading Rubric
***Read all instructions and rubrics carefully before writing your discussion board. You are responsible for having read and understood these documents***
Topic/Timeframe: The Depression, World War 2 and the Cold War - The Emergence of a Super Power
VERY IMPORTANT & YOUR MAIN GOAL: Identify 3 aspects of U.S. foreign policy present during this time (the 1930’s through 1950’s). Discuss how these different approaches influence U.S. foreign policy. Additionally, discuss how events or policies during this time have influenced policies today.
- Brief introduction (with thesis statement)
- Identify 3 aspects of U.S. foreign policy present during this time (the 1930’s through 1950’s).
- First aspect
- Second aspect
- Third aspect
- Discuss how these different approaches influence U.S. foreign policy.
- Additionally, discuss how events or policies during this time have influenced policies today.
- Brief conclusion
- Herring: Chapters 12-15
- Presentation: “The Marshall Plan” AND “The Start of the Cold War”
- 5 citations/references from the Herring book
- 2 citations/references from the presentations (each presentation should be quoted or paraphrase twice)
- 2 biblical scriptures MUST be used and incorporated – Do not randomly pick a biblical verse. Only choose biblical verses that make sense and have connections with what is being written.
It is CRUCIAL to write persuasively, and think critically and analytically. It is also CRUCIAL to think outside the box.
652: Discussion Board 03
652: Discussion Board 03
The American history has been marked by three important events which are the Depression, the World War 11 and the Cold War as well as the SuperPower emergency (Herring, 2008). Each of these events has been critical in defining the United States legacy historically as evidenced by the great impacts that transformed the United States governance and its foreign policy. Some of this changes during these events have influenced the policies legislated by the United States to date and their long lasting effects have been evident. This paper seeks to identify some aspects of the United States foreign policy that were present between 1930’s and 1950’s and their influences on the foreign policy of U.S. It also seeks to show the relationship between these historical events and the United States policies in the modern world.
One of the major aspects in United States foreign policy that resulted from the Great Depression which occurred between 1929 and 1945 involved the redefining of the American government’s role in the U.S society. The Depression led to disillusionment and isolationism that was evidenced by the poor economy, governance and standards of living. The then United States president Roosevelt was keen to making Americans achieve their dream through establishment of open markets from foreign countries in order to eliminate isolationism through pressure on other nations as well as imperial control (Herring, 2008). This is one aspect that led to the establishment of foreign policies that have necessitated the domination of United States of America over other nations globally especially the emerging economies. Today, U.S. remains a powerful empire globally and most nations depend on it on many fronts for opportunities and support especially the developing nations. This aspect influenced the U. S foreign policy whereby the economic difficulties experienced in U.S led to global Depression due to lack of proper coordination internationally affecting major economies of the world.
The World War 11 was an important event in the U.S that led to the emergency of America as a SuperPower changing its entire perception globally. Most nations felt the clear differences from United States due to the increased transformation whereby “the America Dream” became a possibility within the United States. It was a victory...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to world war 1:
- Russo-Japanese war and the Pacific warDescription: The war between Japan and Russia was referred to as Russo-Japanese war which was fought between 8th February 1904 and 5th September 1905...8 pages/≈2200 words | 10 Sources | APA | History | Essay |
- The Conference of Versailles and the Potsdam ConferenceDescription: The process of peacemaking gained much impetus in the 20th century following escalating conflicts that led to WWI and WWII...7 pages/≈1925 words | 8 Sources | MLA | History | Research Paper |
- Artistic StylesDescription: Choose an artist from the textbook that exemplifies the period and style of art. Include a work of art from that artist that best expresses the style. ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |