2 pages/≈550 words
Describe the different types of depression, What are the warning signs for suicide? What is psycho-pharmacology and how is it used in treating mood disorders? (Coursework Sample)
Describe the different types of depression, What are the warning signs for suicide? What is psycho-pharmacology and how is it used in treating mood disorders?source..
1. Describe the different types of depression
Major depression refers to depression lasting for two weeks or more and that negatively impacts on everyday functioning. Psychotic depression is characterized by a distorted view of reality, for example, delusional thinking. Antenatal and postnatal depression that is triggered by childbirth or pregnancy. Atypical depression whose features include excessive sleeping or eating and increased sensitivity to rejection.
2. What are the warning signs for suicide?
Talking about wanting to kill oneself or to die, searching for ways to kill oneself such as buying a gun or searching online, increased use of drugs or alcohol, sleeping too much or too little, feeling isolated or withdrawn, exhib...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to depression essays:
- Depression in Older AdultsDescription: By definition, depression refers to a mood disorder in an individual that causes a constant feeling of sorrow and loss of interest...10 pages/≈2750 words | 15 Sources | APA | Life Sciences | Term Paper |
- Depression in Asian AmericansDescription: Depression is a mental illness that affects approximately 350 million people worldwide (World Health Organization., 2012)...7 pages/≈1925 words | 5 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |
- The Great Depression in the United StatesDescription: The great depression experienced in the United States during the reign of president Hoover and Roosevelt was characterized with the financial meltdown in the economic sector of the country....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |