Gross Domestic Product (Coursework Sample)
Visit the Bureau of Economic Analysis Web site at www(dot)bea(dot)gov In U.S. Economic Accounts under National click on Gross Domestic Product (GDP), then Interactive Tables: GDP and the National Income and Product Account (NIPA) Historical Tables, click “Begin using the data”, and use Section 1 - Tables 1.1.5 and 1.1.6 to identify the GDP (nominal GDP) and real GDP for the past four quarters.
a) Present the information that you received in your project as a table.
b) Write a report (1 page double - spaced), which contains the analysis of the results you received.
In this report consider, but do not be limited to the following:
- Why was nominal GDP greater than real GDP in each of those quarters?
- What was the percentage change in Nominal GDP for the most recent quarter compared to the previous quarter? What was the percentage change in Real GDP for the two quarters?
- What accounts for the difference in the two percentages?
Part 2: Income Approach to Calculating GDP (weight 25% of the assignment grade)
Complete the following exercise:
Go to http://www(dot)bea(dot)gov/
Find the information on GDP in billions of current dollars for the past four quarters. In U.S. Economic Accounts under National click on Gross Domestic Product (GDP), then click on Interactive Tables: GDP and the National Income and Product Account (NIPA) Historical Tables – click “Begin using the data”- choose Section 1: Domestic Product and Income and find table 1.7.5
Create the table that contains the following information for the last year quarterly. Omit the intermediate lines found in Table 1.7.5 on the web site.
Gross domestic product
Gross national product
Net national product
Write a report in your own words (1 page, double-spaced), which contains the analysis of the results you received. In this report consider, but do not be limited to the following:
1. What is the difference between gross domestic product (GDP) and gross national product (GNP)? What is the difference in what GDP measures compared to GNP?
2. Based on the table, what calculations must you make to determine GNP from GDP?
3. What is national income (NI)? What does NI measure?source..
30th August 2015
2014, 3rd Quarter
2015, 4th Quarter
2015, 1st Quarter
2015, 2nd Quarter
Real Gross Domestic Product
Nominal Gross Domestic Product
Based on the statistical representation of the data from the table above, it is very clear that the nominal GDP is greater than the real GDP in each of the respective quarters. The underlying reason for this is that the nominal GDP does not keep into consideration or allow for inflation. This is where the real GDP comes in, since it is well adjusted to keep in mind the current economic situation, specifically, the inflation rate.
In calculation of the percentage changes in the GDP between the 2nd and 1st quarter of the year 2015, it can be seen that there is a 0.91% growth in the real GDP, and a 1.43% growth of the nominal GDP respectively. The differences in the percentages between the two quarters are an indication of the varying inflation rates and the fact that the economy has grown.
2014 3rd Quarter
2014 4th Quarter
2015 1st Quarter
2015 2nd Quarter
Gross Domestic Product
Gross National Product
Net National Product
Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is the yardstick used to measure a country's total value, in terms of the production and services used by both its citizens as well as the foreigners who live within its geographical boundaries. Gross National Product is the yardstick used to measure a country's worth, by value of its products and services, as used by its citizens only, both within, and outside its boundaries. Both GDP and GNP are calculated over a period of one year.
The differences between these two come not only from their respective definitions, but also a number of other factors.GDP is found as a result of the sum of consumption, investment, government spending and the difference between imports and exports. Gross national product meanwhile, is the sum of the GDP, the National Inflow from assets abroad, subtracted from the net outflow to foreign assets.GDP is used to measure the strength of the economy of a given country, while GNP is a measure of how the citizens of a given country are doing ,economically. From the table, in order to determine GNP from GDP, the following formula is key;
GNP =GDP+ Income receipts from the rest of the world-income p...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to domestic violence:
- Introduction to Human Service Description: Jane is a mental health counselor working with adults who have been arrested for domestic battery...4 pages/≈1100 words | 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Workplace Violence and BullyingDescription: Workplace violence and bullying is a problem that affects the nursing, demeans the profession, and puts the patients’ safety at risk...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Intervention Method in Human Services Description: Living in the general population that is enjoying the normal basic amenities on a regular basis, it is quite easy to take for granted some the struggles people that do not have a roof over their heads endure...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |