Employees of a Company (Coursework Sample)
The number of vacation days taken by employees of a company is normally distributed with a mean of 14 days and a standard deviation of 3 days. For the next employee, what is the probability that the number of days of vacation taken is less than 10 days? More than 21 days?source..
Module 3 Discussions
Probability that the number of vacation days taken by employees is less than ten days
Mean of the standard distribution=14 days
Standard deviation of the normal distribution=3 days
Z is the normal random variable of a standard normal distribution.
X is the normal random variable
Î¼ is the mean of X
Ïƒ is the standard deviation of X (Stat Trek, 2015).
Step 1: Z-score for ten days
z = (X - Î¼) / Ïƒ (Stat Trek, 2015).
Step 2: Calculating probability
P (Z>-1.33) =0.9082
Step 3 Subtract this from 1
Probability that the number of vacation days taken by employees is more than 21 days
Mean of stand...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- World war 1 Essays
- Martin luther king Essays
- Minimum wage Essays
- Technology Essays
- Stereotyping Essays
- Dream Essays
- Civil war Essays
- Child abuse Essays
- Climate change Essays
- Mean and Median Measures of Salaries for Employee Description: The best measure of central tendency depends on the data values and variable being measured (Weiers, Gray & Peters, 2008)...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Coursework |
- Relational DatabaseDescription: Based on the assumptions that the semester is a key candidate depicturing the period of study then it follows that this value varies and helps in building the relational database...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Coursework |
- Taxation of individuals and business entitiesDescription: Respond to all the questions. Support answers with calculations, as needed. 1. Ken is 63 years old and unmarried. He retired at age 55 when he sold his business, Understock.com...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Coursework |