Project Managemnt: HRIS Organizational Chart (Coursework Sample)
320.1.2Allocating Team Members
The graduate effectively allocates team members in an appropriate organizational structure for current projects.
320.1.4Communicating with Stakeholders
The graduate creates project communication plans that ensure ongoing project information is appropriately disseminated to project stakeholders.
320.1.8Presenting to Stakeholders
The graduate develops presentation documents for internal and external stakeholders that communicate project assessment and recommendations for improvement.
Read the attached “GenRays Case Study” before completing this task.
The management of GenRays has decided to adopt a Human Resources Information System (HRIS). With multiple offices and a local human resource office and payroll system for each location, management considers the current system functional but very inefficient and costly.
The company recently implemented a new centralized system for finance, purchasing, logistics, and accounting. This system has provided cost savings and other benefits. Management expects that similar business benefits would be possible with a new centralized HRIS as well.
You have been selected as the project manager for the new HRIS project. As the project manager, you will create the project team and create the plan that will be used to communicate necessary information to both internal and external stakeholders impacted by the project.
Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide.
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Create an HRIS project team organization chart showing the potential positions needed to complete the project.
1. Describe necessary roles for each position on the HRIS project team and how they are organized.
2. Recommend a team member for each position on the HRIS project team.
a. Justify your recommendation for each position.
B. Complete a stakeholder analysis by doing the following:
1. Identify the key internal and external stakeholder groups, and briefly describe the characteristics that constitute membership in each group.
2. Describe the information and communication needs of 4–6 key internal and external project stakeholders that you will include in Part C1, the “GenRays Communication Plan Template.”
C. Create a communication plan that addresses the information and communication needs of all stakeholders for the HRIS project by doing the following:
1. Complete the attached “GenRays Communication Plan Template” for the stakeholder groups you identified in part B1.
2. Discuss how the information you and your team are planning to communicate to different stakeholders about the HRIS project (i.e., your communication plan) meet the stakeholder needs you identified (i.e., stakeholder analysis).
3. Describe five appropriate topics that would be presented to the project stakeholders at the close of the HRIS project (e.g., information related to project implementation rather than closure).
a. Identify, for each topic, which stakeholder groups will find the topic of particular interest to them.
Note: This plan may include different report forms and content for different stakeholders.
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
HRIS Organizational Chart
Project Manager: Incharge of the whole team and ensures that it meets the set scope, schedule, and budget. The project manager works closely with the whole team and answers to the executive steering committee.
Business Planning Lead: They should report business necessities to the project manager and work together with the IT personnel to design business necessities in the system (Dvir, Sadeh, & Malach-Pines, 2016). The business planning lead consists of the requirements analysts and interfaces analyst.
IT lead: Responsible for ensuring that all the computers in the company can use the vendor system and also responsible for configuring the system and user security. Reports to the project manager and works with the business planning lead to identifying the business necessities. The IT lead consists of the system configuration analyst and the security analyst (Mascia, 2014).
Communication /training team: Responsible for preparing and communicating training and communication plans for the project manager. Reports to the manager in charge of the projects and works with the business team. It also consists of a training specialist.
Quality Test Lead: Consists of two testers and ensures the testers complete their tests. Works under the project manager and reports to the IT team in case of any defects.
Recommendation and Rationalization
Morgan: who was once a project manager in the definition and implementation of the centralized system
Business Planning Lead
Jamie who possess adequate knowledge of the manufacturing site and knows how the HRIS works
Drew: who once led the implementation of a centralized system project thus has the knowledge to deal with all challenges in project implementation (Tigari, 2017).
Training/ communication Lead
Baily: who is familiar with the CRM system thus will be able to communicate easily to the team.
Quality Control Lead
Logan: who is well familiar with the HRIS and has the capability of identifying test cases that will ensure the system is successful.
Stakeholder Internal /External Membership
Project leadership Internal Project leaders and manager
Project team Internal All the members of the project team
Business team, Internal Department to use HRIS system
Steering Committee Internal Executive leadership Team
Employees Internal All employees
External Vendor External Vendor of HRIS
Stakeholder Information Needed
Project team Business requirement,schedule budget changes, updated scope,
Project Leadership Changes in scope, budget, business requirement, updated scope
External vendor Updated scope, business requirement changes, and change requests.
Business team ...
- Supply Chain Performance: Achieving Strategic Fit and ScopeDescription: Compare and contrast drivers that are used for price-sensitive customers versus time-sensitive customers. Select a company/industry as a case....2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Management | Coursework |
- Unit 1 Assignment Coursework: Basic Economic PrinciplesDescription: In this Assignment, you will evaluate economic problems and opportunity costs to make informed economic decisions to effectively use scarce resources....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Management | Coursework |
- Designing Distribution Networks And Network DesignDescription: Which network is more suitable for commodity items manufacturer storage with direct shipping OR retail storage with customer pickup. Explain why?...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Management | Coursework |