Personal Changes Paper: Personal Life (Coursework Sample)
1) Examine a major change in your life, whether personal or work-related, that you found challenging and difficult to make.
2) Describe the situation in a paper of 1,000–1,200 words. Include the factors discussed in the module and how they affected your reactions to the change. Include a discussion of how these factors could have been used to make the change easier or smoother.
3) Refer to the assigned readings to incorporate specific examples and details into your paper.
4) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
5) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Personal Changes Paper
Change is inevitable and in one way or the other, there must be some changes that will have to take place in an individual's life. According to Covey (2013), change can be either negative or positive depending on the situation at stake. In my personal life, there are work related changes that have taken place in my life. These changes were brought by the competition that was rising in the industry where I was working from. With the rise in the number of competitors against our organization, the need for change of strategy and ways of operation was inevitable. The management expected better performance, improvement of quality, and flexibility of service; there was need for me to adopt some changes that were going to change the nature of my work. As Quinn (2010) points out, people normally fear changes because of uncertainties that are always common with the process of change. Due to the fact that I wanted to protect my job, I had to change with changes. Even though I made personal work-related change in my life, the change was challenging and difficult to make. There were some technological changes that had been introduced in the organization that I used to work for and the company was top move to another region.
Work- Related Changes that Affected my Personal Life
When a company faces stiff competition from players in the industry, there are some radical changes that are normally introduced in the company. Some of these changes could aid in cost cutting and finding ways of how they can generate more revenues. One of the ways that is always being used by the management to reduce cost is by scaling-down the workforce. The cutting of workforce may be done through either eliminating the all department affected and outsourcing the work. It is important to remember that most of my colleagues lost their jobs, I was lucky to have remained because of my experience, however, it came with its challenges. The company was moving to another country, a place I have never been to even once throughout my entire life. According to Van den Heuvel, Demerouti, Bakker & Schaufeli, (2010), shifting the company to another region has got great effects on the personal lives of their families. Personally, these changes that took place at my work place changed my life. To make the matters worse, the organization that I had served for many years was moving to another country. There were so many things that were at stake; for instance I had a family with me and my children were schooling here. I was in a huge dilemma and this was one of the challenges that I have faced in my life. I had my job that I wanted to
- Grace to GrassDescription: Undergraduate Coursework: Grace to Grass...32 pages/≈8800 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Voice of the Customer: Customer Satisfaction SurveyDescription: Examine the customer profile (age, lifestyle, etc.) that the restaurant is targeting based on the customer requirements that LaRosa’s has identified...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Questions: What Do The Publications Mentioned In The HeadnoteDescription: How does what he talks about in this passage, in which he describes his evolving and somewhat conflicted view of the campus free-speech issue...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Coursework |