Discussion 5.3 Literature & Language Coursework Paper (Coursework Sample)
For this Discussion Post please take the time to read the following articles 'reading landscapes', being sure to read the piece by Lewis first.
After reading both pieces carefully, please (1) list and explain the seven axioms presented by Lewis, and (2) summarize why Mitchell determines that a new series of axioms are necessary if geographers are to more fully understand the 'production' of landscape (you should aim to capture the essence of Mitchell's argument(s) in 500 words). Please post your list, explanation and summation.
The Institutional Affiliation
Course Number and Name
Assignment Due Date
1. Seven Axioms Presented By Lewis
1.1 The Axiom of Landscape
The axiom of landscape refers to a landscape developed by man. The creation of things by humans and which are currently being used on earth (Lewis, 1979). This axiom defines the nature of human beings and represents the culture of a region concerning its landscape.
1.2 The Axiom of Cultural Unity
The natural landscapes represent the culture of a particular nation in some way or the other (Lewis, 1979). All the items present in the human-made landscape are of equal importance.
1.3 The Axiom of Common Things
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Video games Essays
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to language essays:
- Literature Review Resources Literature & Language Research PaperDescription: One of the most important aspects of your research will be how you organize your resources. RefWorks is an optional citation management software tool you can sign up to use that helps organize your citations. To find out more about how to sign up for your free, optional RefWorks account...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- Read and Summarize Task Literature & Language EssayDescription: Understanding how intelligence is formed, developed, and used by individuals is perhaps one of the most difficult yet important tasks for scientists. In the article written by Plomin (2018), the author noted that while genetic dispositions are one of the main determinants of a person’s intellectual...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Google and Facebook Case Literature & Language CourseworkDescription: Economies of scale refer to the cost advantages afforded to a company when production increases and cost lowers. The size of the company plays a part in the economies of scale because of the larger the business, the more possibilities for cost-saving.CITATION WIL20 \l 1033 (KENTON & DRURY, 2020)...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Coursework |